Beijing Capital: BJS Or Pek?

Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:34 pm

As title... I'm really confused.
Is the code for Beijing PEK or BJS? I've seen both in different areas (even in this forum, both codes were used).

Thanks in advance

RE: Beijing Capital: BJS Or Pek?

Wed Jan 03, 2001 1:30 am

According to IATA (www.iata.org/codes/index.asp):
PEK is Capital Airport and BJS is the metro area (all Beijing airports)

Hope this helps!

Corey777

The Ticketor

Wed Jan 03, 2001 1:50 am

All cities with more than one airport has a city code (such as NYC) and one airport code per airport (such as JFK, LGA and so on). For cities with only one airport, the city- and airport code is the same.

Remember to always use the airport code when checking the taxes with an FQD as PFC's and taxes may differ from apt to apt! Oops, sorry 'bout that. All you fellow ticketors (depending on your CRS maybe) will know what I'm talking about.

Airbus_A340

Wed Jan 03, 2001 2:12 am

Getting straight to what you want answered; the code for Beijing is PEK.
That is interesting (above posts)

kind regards
Trevor AKA Airbus_A340
People. They make an airline. www.cathaypacific.com

The Ticketor

Wed Jan 03, 2001 2:24 am

Ok, to be really clear:

BJS - Beijing City (city code, not an airport code)
PEK - Capital Airport (airport in Beijing)
NAY - Nanyuan Airport (airport in Beijing)

If you didn't have different codes for cities and airports you would make life difficult for most travel agents (and us airline folks as well) as you would have to check availability and schedules airport by airport in the CRS (Computer Reservation System). Now you can see all flights to that city, regardless of which airport, in one display. If you want flts to one specific apt only, you would just enter the code for that specific apt.