KLMBLue

Gulfstream V

Wed Jan 03, 2001 11:28 am

I recently read in an article in TIME Magazine about this specific aircraft. In the article in mentioned how popular it was to billionaires, multi millionaires ect. It also mentioned that it could fly from New York-Tokyo. I read in the History section of this site that the estimated non-stop travel time is about 14 hours. I thought that the time between New York-Tokyo is a little longer than that. Could this aircraft actually travel that route non stop? Thanks in advance.

KLM

RE: Gulfstream V

Wed Jan 03, 2001 11:46 am

I think when the G5 first came out on its round the world flight, it flew from Tokoyo to New York non stop, I think with very light loads it could handle this route.
Iain

cv640

Wed Jan 03, 2001 11:51 am

I use to work out of the Pontiac airport and saw Chrysler's GVs. I talked to some of their crews and they told me that they've gone from there to Japan nonstop without any problems and plenty of reserves. So, i'm sure NY wouldn't be too much of a stretch

XFSUgimpLB41X

Wed Jan 03, 2001 1:59 pm

The G-V has the record for business jet range. New York to Tokyo is no problem..cruising speed at that range is Mach .80. The aircraft earned quite a few awards and records for all this. Also the Global Express which is a little bit bigger has that kind of range. Gulfstream has now introduced the G-V-SP...which is also a little bit bigger than the G-V, and has longer range. I believe it possesses NYC-Sydney range. I saw a G-V a couple months ago in Tallahassee..the wings are huge... it's like a glider. A very beautiful aircraft.
Chicks dig winglets.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos