gkirk

Quite Or Busy?

Fri Jan 05, 2001 7:05 pm

Do you guys prefer to travel through quite or busy airports and why? Please don't reply by just saying busy because more planes, say which you prefer actually flying from.
eg LHR or NCL
MAN or INV
GKirk
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

gkirk

RE: Quite Or Busy?

Fri Jan 05, 2001 7:07 pm

I meant quiet. Anyway, I forgot to say I prefer quiet because it means there is less hassle and more room to move around the airport.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

englandair

Fri Jan 05, 2001 7:21 pm

I like airports to be busy not only because there are often more planes, but because they're much more exciting!
It wouldn't be nearly as fun using Gatwick airport if I didn't get to push in the que for passport control or almost get run over by one of those noisy buggies for old people!

Jamie.

airmale

Fri Jan 05, 2001 9:01 pm

I love busy,bustling airports the busiest time for KHI is from June to September other wise its so dull and quiet 
.....up there with the best!

blink182

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:49 am

I love busy,bustling sounds of DFW, it puts you in all the "sync" of aviation these days of a busy airport, I just love it! I can't stand quiet airports at all
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

LH423

Sat Jan 06, 2001 8:48 am

Personally a combo is great. On the routing: EDI-LHR-BOS, you get a quiet airport (EDI), before travelling to the busy ones (LHR and BOS). This makes it interesting. I had to show up at EDI early because I was travelling with friends, and their flight to BRU left two hours before my BA flight to London. So after milling about the check-in area, I checked-in, went through security and sat and watched the traffic of EDI. It was very nice. I had my headphones on, and I was able to sit quietly, read a book, with no hassle. Compare that to 90 minutes later, deplaning at LHR. Walking to a bus, being shuttled across the airport, then after a long walk through T4 to my gate, having to be queued up for 20 min, while the understaffed departure was handled. There really is no comparison. For travelling I much prefer a quiet airport, for spotting the busier, the better.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry