SInGAPORE_AIR

What Now For Business Class?

Sat Jan 06, 2001 6:54 am

Well I suppose it's beds all around (albeit thinner). I think Kudos (although I don't want to give it ) has to go to BA and Virgin (who I do want to give Kudos). I think American and Delta have beds in J class as well (but I think they call it First).

SIA have declined to comment but here's an extract:

"But your new raffles will be better than BAs?"
"Oh yes. We always like to be innovative and at the front"
"So that means beds?"
"You'll have to wait and see"

I hate it when that happens.

What do you think. I think there will be beds but they won't be F Class standard. Shame.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

RE: What Now For Business Class?

Sat Jan 06, 2001 7:05 am

AA and Delta have no bed in business class.

Sat Jan 06, 2001 7:46 am

Hope that SIA will introduce a more ergonomic bed than the one found in Ba club world, and less cramped than BA also.

blink182

Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:47 am

AA and Delta don't have beds, but AA's recline is definately close to 180 degrees.
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

777gk

Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:59 am

BA squeezed a lot of seats into the new Club World. What people dont realize is the seats are much narrower at 2-4-2 on the 747.

Sat Jan 06, 2001 10:31 am

Blink : we are talking about business class. it is aa's first class that reclines to 180, not the business class.

AF777

Sat Jan 06, 2001 2:57 pm

777gk's right, the BA seats are Really narrow. Plus, there is not even a real footrest, only a stool that looks useful in the fully reclined position. The seat is probably great for flights to London from the States(Zzzzzzzz), but not back(not much room to move side to side. I like Business class seats like Air Canada andContinental that give a Real seat that reclines pretty far. Virgins new seat looks good, but as was discussed in a previous thread, that seat reclines flat, though it remains at a slight angle. When Virgin introduces real bed in their new A340-600's and A380's, then BA will have to follow to remain competitive.
However, most US airlines (and probably many others) won't follow for probably a decade.

-wes

VirginFlyer

Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:48 pm

I saw someone had designed a system (I think it was actually for economy class) where every seat reclined flat, but every second row was on a pivot, so, for example, row 22 would end up above 21's body and 23's legs... It seemed like an interesting idea, although quite how it works if not everyone wants to recline, not to mention if you want to get down, or if there is a sudden emergency...
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh