caetravlr

Spirit Of Delta - 767

Mon Jan 08, 2001 4:47 am

I was just wondering, for some of you Delta Employees/Enthusiasts. Do you know if the Spirit of Delta is still painted in the paint scheme it received upon delivery? I know I saw it in special colors for th 1996 Atlanta Olympics, and I was so hoping that one of my ATL-ORD or back flights would be on it, but alas, it was on other 762s, which is the flight I always booked if I could. When I was much younger, I remember my grandfather taking me to the airport in SAV, and it happened to be there that day, and I got a tour. So, that is the only time I have ever been on it. I still hope to fly it before they retire it. It was a beautiful thing to see the employees of an airline that large come together like that. I wish we should see such a family thing again from Delta or other airlines. Anyway, does anyone know also how much longer that particular one should remain part of the fleet? Any information would be appreciated and enjoyed.

Thanks,
CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

DeltaSFO

RE: Spirit Of Delta - 767

Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:33 am

Yes... Ship 102, The Spirit of Delta.

It is currently painted in the classic colorscheme, with special commemorative markings.

I believe it was delivered to Delta in 1982, so yes, it is getting up there in years. I too would like to ride it before it is retired.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Chris Coduto

DeltaSFO
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

caetravlr

Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:33 am

DeltaSFO, do you happen to have access to things such as which routes it is flying and which flights it is "planned" for on a given day? Such information would make it much easier to get on.   And thanks so much for the info. I spent a lot of time in SFO, was coming and going every 3 weeks for 10 months a couple of years ago. Made some nice friends in the Crown Room.   Wish I could get back and say Hi.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

Mon Jan 08, 2001 11:39 am

Ship 102 "Spirit of Delta" is scheduled to fly as
DL 503 8Jan ATL-SLC then
DL 1172 8JAN SLC-ORD

9JAN ATL-PHX DL351
9JAN PHX-ATL DL296
9JAN ATL-FLL DL1415