United Flight Attendants

Fri Apr 09, 1999 11:19 pm

What is the general schedule for a United flight attendant. How many trips a week/month? How many flights a day? I'm interested to know. And is United the best airline on which to be a flight attendant?

RE: United Flight Attendants

Sat Apr 10, 1999 6:22 am

My mom is a UA FA and she says that they can just bid for trips that they want to fly, and can try to trade or drop trips that they do not want to fly.

FLY777UAL

RE: United Flight Attendants

Sat Apr 10, 1999 7:37 am

My mom is a FA for UA at SFO. Generally speaking, domestically, there are maybe one or two trips (1 or 2 day trips) per week. Internationally, my mom works 12 days out of the month (the majority of the trips are 3 day). UA has a lot of overseas-based FA's in LHR, CDG, FRA, NRT, HKG, SIN, and BKK. These FA's take a lot of the flying (trips) away from the US based FA's, so that is not good. You would probably start out domestically, and in the domestic stations, there are a lot of FA's on reserve---must be at the airport...specified dates, times, etc. just incase you need to fill in for another FA/crew. My mom was on reserve for 17 years at LAX, and then her seniority went up, and she was able to obtain REALLY good trips. E-mail if you have any further questions! My mom and I will be more than happy to help out!! FLY UAL!

fly777ual
fly777ual@hotmail.com