krisworldB777

Walking Machines On Aircraft To Reduce Risk Of DVT

Tue Jan 09, 2001 10:16 pm

A well known Australian (or idiot) who developed blood clots on a recent trip to Brazil is demanding that airlines remove the last row of seats near the toilets on every aircraft and put walking machines in their place!

He says that when people go to the toilet they can go and have a walk on the machines! Can you really imagine this? It would be like having the gym on the A380. I really don't think it will work.

What will happen if someone has a heart attack on one of the machines? Will they sue the airline for making them walk? Really. Does anyone have any ideas on what airlines could / should do?

LBA

RE: Walking Machines On Aircraft To Reduce Risk Of DVT

Tue Jan 09, 2001 10:26 pm

They should have more supplies of water - you are told to keep drinking non alcoholic drinks when flying - how can you when they stock a dozen bottles of water for 300+ seats? I tried to take on bottled water on my last flight but couldn't because my hand luggage was overweight. My method is chose an aisle seat and go to the bathroom every 60-90 minutes in order to stretch my legs.

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Walking Machines On Aircraft To Reduce Risk Of DVT

Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:48 am

irline's should tell people to move their arses. If they don't that means they want the risk of dying then so be it. Little sympathy they'll get from me, that's what I say
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos