khi747

Is BA Going To Discontinue Kuwait?

Thu Jan 11, 2001 11:16 pm

While the discussions for BA's restructuring,as a result of many international flights shifting from LGW to LHR, were going on,i read that BA was going to discontinue flights to Kuwait. BA currently operates a daily 777 service from LHR to KWI. It also said that the service once discontinued shall be consolidated with Riyadh!
Is this true that BA will soon no longer fly to Kuwait??

RE: Is BA Going To Discontinue Kuwait?

Fri Jan 12, 2001 3:14 am

Can't see why, Kuwait traffic seems to do quite well year-round, according to BA office there. Not sure what you meant by "consolidated with Riyadh", does this mean RUH will also be discontinued??

I doubt it, the Riyadh flights are full where it matters-the FIRST cabin.

khi747

Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:08 am

I agree with you, but i am telling you what i read. Traffic is good out of Kuwait...... infact Kuwait airways has daily flights too. And by "consolidated with Riyadh" the article meant that,atleast to my understanding, that BA was going to make up for it by adding capacity/frequency to RUH.

khi747

Fri Jan 12, 2001 11:53 pm

Is this all the knowledge people have !!! Im sure we can do better ....... respond people ....... be of some use....

emirates777

Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:59 am

Well...adding freqs to RUH may be difficult. The Saudi govt. stance on limiting foreign carriers flights into both JED and RUH remains the same.

BA has been trying for daily flights to JED for over 7 years and still no joy. I guess their best option is to fly bigger acft (744) although BA's new CEO would probably be reluctant to do so and keep on flying the 777s (partic. G-ZZZA-ZZZE) which are configured heavily with premium seats.

Rgds
Emirates777