Egypt Air New Airbus 330s

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:00 am

Egypt Air is going to sign for seven new airbus 330s
to replace seven of its old Airbus 300-600R nearly
in this month. That would make Egypt Air fleet modern
and similar in the 340,320,321,318 CP system.
In my opinion this is good for me to find the 330s in
Egypt Air fleet .

RE: Egypt Air New Airbus 330s

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:09 am

If it's true, great! But eh, what's your source on this, cuz I don't believe anything untill I see it confirmed by an official source.

kaitak

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:12 am

What model are they looking at, -200 or -300?

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:21 am

My source is Alahram daily news paper the number one
news paper in Egypt and the deal would be made in a range of one month .

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:26 am

Probably the 330s order are going to be 330-200s.

Sat Jan 13, 2001 9:11 am

I bet because of the EgyptAir crash involving a 767-300 they considered going for the A330 instead of the new 767-400.

Hamlet69

Sat Jan 13, 2001 9:18 am

Actually, TEDSKI, Egyptair is already replacing their remaining 767-300ER (as well as MS990) with 2 777-200ERs. Delivery is scheduled for Sept. and Oct. of this year, bringing their 777 fleet to 5. As Goldenoras already mentioned, if this order comes to fruition, it will be to replace the A300-600Rs.

Hamlet69
Honor the warriors, not the war.

hkgspotter1

Sat Jan 13, 2001 10:11 am

They had two or three 763's ??, one crashed inn the sea and another one ripped the gear and engines off during a bad landing not long after MS990

Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:53 pm

Egypt Air had a pair of 767-300ER one crashed as you said and the other is repaired and flying from october
2000 . 767-300s are going to be out of service in late
this year by the incoming of the new boeing 777-200ER.

Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:04 pm

I would like to say to TEDSKI that the 330-200 r very
sutable to be used for Egypt Air same cp system like the 340,320 that would be less coast for the pilot training and upgrade and it would replace the 300-600R.
767-400 is also a great aircraft but it isnt sutable for
Egypt Air in this time . Most people know the reall
reason for the 990 crash in 31/10/1999.

Sun Jan 14, 2001 12:02 am

Nothing personal, many in EgyptAir do not believe the pilot suicide theory and that there may have been something wrong with the 767.

Sun Jan 14, 2001 12:28 am

Nooooooooooooo flight 990 pilots crews are great u also belive this no the pilot didnt sucide and it is not an
crew fault or an airplane fault . The airtraffic had directed the aircraft for an prohibted area that resulted in targetting the
aircraft . But the investigations would never say that
okk.
Egypt Air Pilots are one of the greatest pilots in the world and they never do something like that .

gibberish

Sun Jan 14, 2001 3:08 am

I believe in the Suicide-theory for flight 990. Any pilot can have mental problems, even at EgyptAir, Goldenoras.

However there is prohibited area theory. They think that SR111, TWA800 and Egypt Air 990 may all have the same crash cause. TWA and SR had problems at the same time, same place and same day of week!! If anyone needs details, let me know and I'll post 'em.

gibberish

Mon Jan 15, 2001 6:44 am

I dont care if you belive in the sucide-theory or no Gibberish . First of all you dont know how is the life of people in Egypt ok. This is number one .Number 2
they said that Batouty the first officer is the one who
did that ok so that means that there wasnt any other person in the cp the voice recorders proved that there was other voices that means that the sucide-theory
is a very very big lie . Number 3 there was three aircrafts flying in the same route Royal Joardanian
Lufthansa , Elal the ATC had changed the heading of all of them except Egypt Air . Number 4 the pilots of
the royal Joardanian and Lufthansa announced that they saw strange lights was directed to the aircraft
and then they heared about the crash . ok
Sucide-theory can be very normal thing in Switzerland
and the people living there you have the number one
(Sucide-Theory People ) in the world . In Egypt it really
never happens .I hope you try to understand that .

RayChuang

Mon Jan 15, 2001 7:07 am

IMHO, I think EgyptAir will probably buy the A330-300.

After all, the A333 will primarily be used on regional flights (the 772ER's will be used for longer flightes likd CAI-JFK), and given the large number of tourists that visit Egypt each year, the seating capacity of the A333 will be welcome.

Mon Jan 15, 2001 3:48 pm

I agree with you Raychuang

gibberish

RE: Goldenwhatever

Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:42 am

Goldenwhatever, we will see in a couple of years whether or not the guy killed himself and more than enough other innocent people that had nothing to do with his private problems (it is true that he did in fact have problems....). I will believe in the suicide theory until somebody can prove otherwise.

Oh yeah, Goldenwhatever, I couldn't really understand what the hell you were talking about most of the time, so could you please re-write the text you wrote to me in an understandable English? I would be pleased to find out what you really meant. Thank you.

gibberish

SR3496

Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:54 am

Come on Gibberish...
Goldenoras just wanted so say that you (we) don't know about the life/social structures in countries like Egypt. And he also wrote that Switzerland has the highest number of suicides all over the world. I myself find it hard to believe but that's a fact Jack.
On the other hand I agree with Gibberish, I believe the theory that the pilot mad suicide too.

QantasA330

Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:57 am

WTF!?!?!?!?!

They've got 772's 340's and now 330's WHAT ARE THEY DOING????

Kindest Regards,
 QantasA330 

Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:58 am

Oi Gibberish you a******e leave Goldeoras alone. Just because he is not as elequent as you with his English, at least he had the courage to express HIS views on what happened. Whatever happened to the right of free speech??

QantasA3XX

Wed Jan 17, 2001 1:03 am

Yeah ~~ This is good news , i love the A330s and i love to see more airlines ordering A330s !!

Keep it going !!
Cheers
QantasA380

gibberish

Wed Jan 17, 2001 1:08 am

OK, I have to admit, I over-reacted a bit. But really, I did not understand the sentence concerning Switzerland and suicides. I first thought Goldenoras meant the Swiss are the only one's who believe in the suicide-theory of EqyptAir 990. But thanks to SR3496 I now understand what he really did mean. And yes it is correct, Switzerland has the highest average of suicides. Sad but true. But then again understandable.

I would like to apologize to Goldenoras. But anyone can commit suicides on earth, if he's from Switzerland, Egypt or any other country. So please, for next time, don't just say no Egyptian would ever do that.

gibberish

magyar

Wed Jan 17, 2001 1:16 am

Goldenoras,

I just want to point out something. As far as I understand you,
you basically stated that the use navy/army shoot planes down
merely for target practice. And do not give much sh...t about
the people on board. That is a very serious charge!

Yet, you got utterly offended when someone dared to state
that it is possible that a particular egyptian could go mad and
commit suicide and murdered 200+ people.

Don't you think that your views/feelings are somewhat
unbalanced?

Janos

OO-AOG

Wed Jan 17, 2001 1:29 am

Magyar,

I think that Goldenoras pointed the fact that 1 or more airliners might have been shoot down by accident during military exercises and definately not shoot down for target practise!
Falcon....like a limo but with wings

Wed Jan 17, 2001 3:40 am

I want to say to Gibberish it is fine I am interested to
meet many thoughts and also I thank SR3496 cause
he let u to understand and I respect your opinion but
I dont agree with it something normal okk. I dont belive for all the flights that made accidents that it have a suicide theory story . There are other things
hidden caused by policy and all what I want to say is
the truth the reall truth for any accident happened .

Thanks .

Wed Jan 17, 2001 3:59 am

Magyar I think OO-AOG explained you well .

I want to say to Qantas that you have a great spirit .
I have a Ques I really want know what is the meaning of Qantas ??

Thanks

widebody

Wed Jan 17, 2001 4:10 am

Gibberish, can I get those details?

SR3496

Widebody

Wed Jan 17, 2001 4:25 am

Well, I don't know what Gibberisch want so say but I heard (some time ago) that the US navy made tests with submarines in the nights when SR111 and TWA crashed. They tested a new magnet-field-orientation-system in the seazone where the flights from NY got problems. I know it sounds strange but maybe such a field tirgged off a malfunction of some electric things in the airliners. (same with the cellphones)
Who knows...

RE: Widebody

Wed Jan 17, 2001 4:31 am

This is really important to know SR3496 and as you said
who knows .

Wed Jan 17, 2001 4:44 am

Goldenoras:

Qantas: Queensland And Northern Territories Aerial Services. The name dates back to 1920, when the company was first founded. Like other names it has kind of lost its original meaning...

Wed Jan 17, 2001 4:48 pm

Thank You for helping Juul .

gibberish

RE: Widebody -> SR111

Thu Jan 18, 2001 4:33 am

Yes, it's true what SR3496 has posted about the TWA and SR crashes. The Navy was testing some kind of thing that caused problems with the airliners in the area.

This is what they think that happened:

SR111 takes off from JFK. About a minute (or so, I'm not sure about the times) later it looses contact to the NY ATC for about 15 minutes. The MD-11, which is able to "repair" software and minor technical problems with its advanced software repairs the problem and SR111 has contact again. But it couldn't fix itself permanently so it crashes into the atlantic about two (am I right?) hours later near Halifax.

Thats what they think could have happened. It is very strange that both SR111 and TWA800 got into difficulties at the same time (1 min. into flight; they both took off at the exact same time), on the same day of the week, the beginning of September and during the Navy testing periods of whatever it was. And also take note of this: the cause of both crashes is still unknown to this day.

OK, hope I helped you. By the way, I read this in a Swiss news magazine (which is in German) but I can't recall the name.

gibberish

raggi

Thu Jan 18, 2001 5:11 am

I`m not blaming anyone, but if,say the US NAVY, incidentally caused TW800 and SR3496 to chrash, you think they would admit it?
I think not..
I`m not saying that`s what happened, but there has been a lot of talk about a missile theory, and many of the relatives of the flight 800 have demanded an independent investigation.

Having said that, I would also like to say that there are no signs of an explosion caused by a missile, and tests performed on old 747s and 767s have shown that there is a slight problem with old electrical wires. And I believe that there was issued some sort of cockpit inspection on the MD-11 after the fatal crash..

I`m no expert, but I think it`s important that we get to know the truth. I don`t know it, but if someone sits on information that can help find the real cause of these horrible chrashes, the world has the right to hear them.

raggi
Stick & Rudder

SR3496

Thu Jan 18, 2001 5:52 am

Hey Raggi, it was SR111 that crashed not SR3496!

Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:19 am

Gibberish do you think that SR111 & TWA 800 may have a suicide theory story ??

gerardo

Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:43 am

I don't remember every detail of TWA 800. But for SR 111 there is really no evidence for a suicide theory - and it has never been mentioned in any articles or reports. It would also have been a bit hard to believe, that the pilot put himself the cables behind the ceiling on fire to kill himself....

For MS990 the facts CAN be interpretated as suicide. Please, it's NOT the only possibility, but at least one.

Regards
Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

gibberish

Fri Jan 19, 2001 12:48 am

Yes Gerardo, you hit the nail on its head.

advancedkid

Fri Jan 19, 2001 2:33 am

Hi there,
MS doesn't seem to be a good airline to me. A decision to buy and use both Boeing and Airbus
products alongside can reflect one of two things,
an airline that belongs to one of the wealthiest States on earth or a sign of poor management. Egypt isn't well
known to be one wealthy country and is constantly in debt, so the later applys. A better way to have MS improved is to either to change their current management and/or to have the company sold.
It's no wonder a pilot suicide theory for the doomed flight MS990 would stick to their neck unless further new evidence proving the contrary would be found.
Kindest regards,
Advancedkid

Fri Jan 19, 2001 2:50 am

Advancekid:

'A better way to have MS improved is to either change their current management or/or to have the company sold.'
WOW man! And you concluded all that from the fact that EgyptAir buys both Boeing and Airbus products? Hooray! Let's all rejoice for we have a new Einstein!

BTW does this mean the management of NW, CX, AF, UA, QF, EK, BA,... should be replaced too, just because they buy both Boeing and Airbus? Or should they just be sold?

Greetings from the heart of Europe

jaysit

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:07 am

Please, gimme a break.
Statistically, there is a very valid reason why there have been more aircrashes in the stretch of sea between NYC and nova scotia - its the busiest international air corridor in the world between 5 pm and 9 pm ES, and aircraft pass through it during ascent to and descent from cruising altitude (a rather crucial time for a flight).

Let it rest, OK.
The Egypt Air 767 crashed because of a pilot gone awry (yes, Egyptians are indeed wonderful people, but anyone can commit a dastardly act such as that - even an Egyptian); TW800 crashed because it was a negligently maintained and flown bird (simple laws of thermodynamics would explain the explosive fuel tank theory); and SR111 crashed because of an on board fire fully implicating both Swissair and McDonnell Douglas.

Simple physical facts can sometimes be brutal.
The alternative kooky theories proposed are the equivalent of junk food - may seem good at first, but are just empty calories (and words).
Atheism is Myth Understood.

advancedkid

RE:(Juul) Egypt Air New Airbus 330s

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:33 am

Hi Jull,
One cannot compare those airlines of the US or
of most European contries to one of a third world state,and a recpient of development aid.
One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to see
how some companies/governments are corrupt.
Kindest regards to all.
Advancedkid

jaysit

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:53 am

Advanced Kid:

The correlation between airline safety/reliability and the first (or third) world status of the country of origin is not a linear one. Both, PanAm and TWA are first world airlines (so is Swissair), and all have been implicated in crashes resulting from poor security/bad maintenance, etc.

There are numerous third world carriers that have higher standards of service and safety than a lot of first world carriers - Ethiopian Airlines, Jet Airways, Sri Lankan, etc. And lets not forget that Singapore, the global standard by which all airlines have been judged for the past 30 years was not always a First world nation or a first world carrier.

gerardo

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:56 am

Could also be, that managers at Egypt Air see different aircraft as th best suited for a specific mission. Or perhaps they simply can squeeze out every penny from Boeing and Airbus. Besides, perhaps there were also more agreements packed in those deals, as for example development aids, or whatever else.

That said, I too believe, that for Egypt Air there are for sure better fleet strategies. But your interpretation of the fleet strategy, dear Advanced Kid, is just too simple, don't you think? And about this hint, how "corrupt some companies/governments are": name just one company or government on this earth without corrupt employees...

Regards
Gerardo

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:56 am

Advancedkid,

Are you suggesting that MS uses development aid money which was not intended for them? Those are pretty strong accusations (not saying it can't be true, you just haven't proven anything or backed it up with facts...).
Also I don't see what this has to do with what you said in your first post... (about them buying both A and B)

gibberish

RE: Jaysit

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:58 am

Jaysit, you seem to know everything. There is no single piece of evidence that Swissair or McDonnell Douglas is to blame on the 111 crash. Don't just go saying stuff that has yet to be proven.

Egypt Air 990

Fri Jan 19, 2001 5:19 am

Why is it logical not to interpret Swiss Air's crash as a suicide and to find it logical to interpret Egypt Air's crash as a suicide? As it is unlikely for a Swiss pilot who is aware that he is responsible for the lives of quite a number of passengers to commit suicide, it is also very unlikely for an experienced well-known Egyptian pilot to do the same.

If as you say, that suicide is only a possibility, in the Egypt Air crash, the same possibility applies on the Swiss Air crash.

Moreover, don't you think that there are other plenty ways for commiting suicide other than killing the rest of the passengers?

Concerning why I insist that Egyptians do not commit suicide, I would like to tell you that at least religious muslims and christians are aware that commiting suicide is forbidden and woud not do that. Only people who have no faith in God and get desperate do that. Since Egypt Air's pilot was religious with the least evidence that he prayed when he found that he has no more control on the plane proves he did not kill himself along with every single passenger on the plane. Someone else wouldn't have even thought of God before dying.

jaysit

Fri Jan 19, 2001 5:36 am

There is plenty of evidence that the crash was caused due to a fire in the panels above the cockpit and cutting across the first class cabin. Fires dont start for nothing. Faulty design? Arced cables? A poorly designed and incorporated entertainment system? An unfortunate choice of actions by the pilot? These are all pieces of the puzzle. Sure, the cause hasn't been localized, but we do know its due to an inflight fire in a specific region that incapacitated the flight crew. When an aircraft malfunctions during flight, you can generally implicate two actors: the airline, and/or the aircraft manufacturer. Perhaps, given the sketchy evidence neither will be found guilty, but the current investigation is focussing on Swissair's incorporation of an entertainment system, and the MD-11s incorporation of poor insulation materials.

gibberish

RE: Jaysit

Fri Jan 19, 2001 6:08 am

Jaysit, a question:

Are you a lawyer that is specialised in air-disasters (as some call themselves)?

gerardo

Fri Jan 19, 2001 6:24 am

Goldenoras, you asked:
"Why is it logical not to interpret Swiss Air's crash as a suicide and to find it logical to interpret Egypt Air's crash as a suicide"

Look at the facts. Tell me just one tiny little fact in the SR111 or TWA800 fact, which seriously points towards a suicide. TWA800 exploded, SR111 burnt out, and MS990 plounged into the sea after some strange aircraft movements. The SR111 captain called "Pan, Pan, Pan" read the check list, asked for landing in Halifax and the MS990 captain prayed to god. Hmmm, let's me think a little bit.

The MS990 captain had personal problems. This was proven and nobody can deny it. Now, evem the most religious person can just go mad for a second. Many religious people from different religions do things, which have nothing more to do with religion.

That said I will repeat it once again: MS990 MIGHT have been a suicide. It was PERHAPS a suicide. There are evidences that CAN be interpretated as suicide. The FAA actually said, it was the most reasonable answer. But PERHAPS there is another solution. I wasn't there, you weren't there nobody on this list was there. I know, you don't want to believe it. To say now, that SR111 could also have been a suicide isn't the right way to prove the innocence of the MS990 captain.

Enough said, the topic was somehow completely different...

Regards
Gerardo

jaysit

Fri Jan 19, 2001 6:45 am

No, I am not a lawyer who specializes in Air disaster claims. Nor would I want to do such work, although much of the leg work relied upon in aviation disaster tort cases depends heavily on NTSB reports and FAA reports.

I do intellectual property (IP) and corporate law. As such, Ive handled IP issues for some fairly large Aircraft manufacturers/systems suppliers/designers, etc.