Copacabana
Topic Author

Any Merger Talks Going On In Europe?

Mon Jan 15, 2001 10:28 am

Since the KLM-BA merge talks finally ended, i´ve never heard of such move by any other European Carrier. Is anything coming up soon?

RE: Any Merger Talks Going On In Europe?

Mon Jan 15, 2001 10:37 am

Nope. But if one more merger goes through in the USA, I think that all around the world it is going to merge.

Copacabana
Topic Author

Mon Jan 15, 2001 10:43 am

What about the French Qualiflyer airlines?

QuadstarA343E!

Mon Jan 15, 2001 10:45 am

I heard somewhere that Cyprus might get a small percentage of OA in the near future.. You never know! could be true!!

rgrds- quadstar

aduum

Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:56 pm

Don't the American public or government realise that they are killing all competition on most routes. Eventually there will be a choice of two big airlines on the routes and because there is no need to remain competitive the prices will go up to a comfortable level to the airlines. Trust me it has happened in AUstralia for years now with QF and AN. It is amazing how low their prices went when Impulse and Virgin came along!

Aduum.

varig md-11

Mon Jan 15, 2001 6:09 pm

hi
to copacabana
the french Qualiflyer airlines -air littoral,air liberte,air outre mer (AOM)- will probably be merged but SAir group didn't reveal the new name...for the moment they launched an ad campaign saying that you can buy a "merged" ticket either on one of the 3 airlines (which fly from french cities often remote from paris) with final destination one of the AOM overseas detinations,I think this is the beginning of the end for these 3 different names
AF TW AA NW DL UA CO BA U2 TP UX LH SK AZ MP KL SN VY HV LS SS TK SQ PC RG IW SE LI TN

Notarzt

Mon Jan 15, 2001 10:15 pm

It appears unlikely that ANY real "merger" is going to happen with larger European carriers now and in the future. We do face different states, different cultures and different identities in Europe. It's not that easy. Not to mention that none of the countries would "give up" its flag carrier.

Daniel