ILUV767
Topic Author

SFO Out Of Gas?

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I just watched channel 2 news, and they said that SFO may close tomorrow becasuse of a lack of fuel. This is casued because due to the stage three power alert in california. The reason is, is they are not allowed to pump the fuel from the refinery to the airport.

The good news is that fuel is being trucked in to the airport, so the chances of any big affects are decreasing.

I'm going to go and watch channel 4 news now, and see if i can get any more info for you.

I also want to point out that this is not a sick joke, and i'm not making this up.

-David

RayChuang

RE: SFO Out Of Gas?

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:07 pm

I saw that on the 'Net, too.

I think they're in the process of pumping the fuel from the refinery to SFO right now in the middle of the night when power usage is at its lowest for other users. This will ensure there will be enough JP-4 jet fuel at the SFO fuel farm to service all the planes at SFO for all of tomorrow.

Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:15 pm

All these power problems. It seems to be affected all parts of our lives around here. This will inevitably put a stop to California's economic boom, and though remotely linked, airline expansion around here wont continue.

Trvlr

Sat Jan 20, 2001 2:59 pm

This seems very serious. I wonder how LAX, SAN, and SNA are doing?

SJC>SFO: What?? Well that's some kind of futurism. The power crisis will definitely put a dent into CA's short-term economic outlook, but it will by no means prevent California from staying the economic powerhouse that leads the entire western half of the USA.

Aaron G.

UAL-Fan

Sun Jan 21, 2001 5:21 am

Believe me, California's economy is larger than most other Nations and by far the largest in America. If CA is allowed to go down the toilet. It will take the rest of the country with it.

caetravlr

Sun Jan 21, 2001 7:06 am

All of the politicians in California like their jobs too much to let that happen. I am sure they were originally paid by the big utilities to let deregulation happen, but now they are seeing that maybe, just maybe they made a huge mistake. This is all conjecture on my part, but would not surprise me one bit.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

toxtethogrady

A Delicious Irony Embedded Within...

Sun Jan 21, 2001 1:57 pm

As everyone knows, California electric utilities are being gouged by a Houston-based company known as Reliant Energy. Their refusal to sell natural gas to PG&E caused a brownout which shut down a pipeline owned by another Houston-based company, Kinder Morgan Energy, which serves SFO. Bet those two CEO's didn't sit next to each other at the Bush inaugural gala...