fly_yhm

Just Saw A Airliners.net Advertisment On CNN

Sun Jan 21, 2001 8:47 am

I was just watching Cnn and on there whats online segment they show aqirliners.net and all the wonderful things it has to offer it was really need to see that on tv. Should bring more visitors.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

administrator

RE: Just Saw A Airliners.net Advertisment On CNN

Sun Jan 21, 2001 8:57 am

That sounds like my luck, CNN does a thing on the site and we've been down for the last two days due to name server problems. Oh well...

Could you give me some more info about this please. What was the name of the show? When was it aired? What exactly was said?

Anyone else saw this?

Thanks,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

nscaler

Sun Jan 21, 2001 9:36 am

Johan,

It sounds like it was on CNN Headline News. Every hour (I think), they show a "What's Online" segment where they showcase one particular website. It repeats itself, so I'm betting it will be on several more times this evening. Not sure if you'll get it in Sweden though.

Saul

LAX

Sun Jan 21, 2001 4:49 pm

Yes....I happened to spy that spot too. It was on CNN Headline News. A quick piece of less than a minute, but quite flattering to this site. The narrator of the spot speaks of the wealth of airliner information available at the site, and they showed on screen an image of the main page at Airliners.net, plus a couple of its pics full screen. Narrator also speaks of the wide range of airliner pictures on the site....."from civil airplanes to military helicopters". Also shown was an image of the recent poll regarding "your favorite Russian airliner". Very positive piece about Airliners.net.
Johan, you've definitely impressed CNN!!

administrator

Sun Jan 21, 2001 11:56 pm

Damn, I wish I had a VCR. Anyone got that on tape or even better, on mpeg file?

I'd love to add it to the Awards & Reviews section.

Thanks,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)