AOM, Air Liberte, Air Littoral Now Air Alliance

Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:30 am

Just read on AirlinersOnline.com that SAir has decided to rename their newly merged French properties into an airline to be called Air Alliance. Ok, 1) this name is in use elsewhere...Africa and India. 2) It is completely the most utterly unoriginal boring name ever.

Can anyone comment? Keeping the name "Air Liberte" would have worked, its pleasant sounding and somewhat original, but Air Alliance is completely gross.

I would assume that Air Littoral will now be, Air Alliance Express?

rgds,
russ

RJ100

RE: AOM, Air Liberte, Air Littoral Now Air Alliance

Sun Jan 28, 2001 9:33 pm

Hi

Yes, you're right, Air Liberté would have worked.

I think they should give them a better name!

Kind regards
RJ100
none

Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:01 pm

We've got quite a lot of Air Alliances around. One in India, in Africa and in Canada.

I think they should use the word "merge" in French... is that "converger"? Something like Air Converge... or whatever is the noun form for the verb "converger". Air Liberté is cool too, but it doesn't reflect the fact that it is the result of 3 airlines merging. It would seem as though Air Liberté bought out the other two.

Mon Jan 29, 2001 2:16 am

Ryan,

"Air Liberté is cool too, but it doesn't reflect the fact that it is the result of 3 airlines merging. It would seem as though Air Liberté bought out the other two."

Passengers don't care! Really, they don't choose airlines because of how a previous merger was organised. And, of course their have been plenty of times, when acquiring companies assume the name of their purchase. Valujet and Airtran. Chase Bank and Chemical Bank. NationsBank and Bank of America. Many more......so its not a fabulous argument. Though if kept as Air Liberte, a new livery would certainly be needed.

rgds,
russell

F+ Rouge

Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:33 am

I would have named it FRENCHAIR in accordance to SWISSAIR.

What do you think about that? Please comment!

Regards,

F+ Rouge

gibberish

Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:47 am

I would have named it Air Excellence in accordance to Swissair's excellency.

Anybody know of the livery?

cfalk

Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:13 am

I'm sorry to say that Swissair isn't what it used to be. I know a lot of people who are royally pissed at having to fly Air Liberté to Paris, now that Swissair has droped the GVA-Paris route. Bad service, old plane, at a premium price.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:38 am

Frenchair isn't bad.

Air Excellence is a little self-congratulatory.

Hope to see a pretty fresh new livery as AOM's and Air Liberte's are both disgusting.

gibberish

RE: Cfalk

Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:10 am

You are absolutely correct, Cfalk. It is dîsgusting. But that is exactly what the new Swissair management will avoid in the future. They will build on quality instead of quantity. Moritz Suter himself said in a TV interview that lots of Swissair customers complained exactly because of what you mentioned: Low quality airlines - such as Liberté, Littoral, Portugalià, etc. - operated Swissair flights. He stated that they will try to stop that whenever possible. And don't worry, Swissair will once again become what they were: the first choice in the sky.

AF-A319

Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:30 am

Hi!

I agree with Cfalk and Gibberish... SR has sold its soul. A Swissair passenger deserves better than flying on a ageing F100 of Air Liberté. But I'm sure that Suter will be the Man sr needs!
By the way, Frenchair really sounds bad for a French point of view... I'm sure it won't be choosen (IF a name is choosen, which is not sure at all)

One more point : AOM and Air Liberté have a very bad image in France, and especially among frequent business travellers...