Adria Caravelle?

Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:40 am

I found an old picture in a family album that shows a Caravelle in the colors of Slovenia's Adria Airways (then Yugoslavia's Inex-Adria Aviopromet) taken in the late 60s or early 70s. Did Adria actually own a Caravelle, or did the company just lease the aircraft from another carrier (possibly JAT)? I don't think I've ever heard anything about Adria owning Caravelles, so I'm thinking it must have been some sort of a lease. Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

PHX-LJU

MEA-707

RE: Adria Caravelle?

Sun Jan 28, 2001 1:16 pm

That must be a very rare picture ! The only Caravelle ever operated by Inex Adria was c/n 209, which started flying with SAS, was owned by the manufacturer (Sud/Aerospatiale) from 1969 onwards and leased to many airlines, amongst others Inex Adria as YU-AJE from 5.72 to 11.72. Shortly therafter it went to Rwanda and Zaire. As far as I know, there are no pictures known to exist of it, so I think you will make some airplane buffs like me happy if you scan it and upload it to Airliners.net (or email it to me).
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Sun Jan 28, 2001 2:28 pm

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, the photo doesn't show much of the aircraft (it is centered on my sister leaving the plane). In fact, it can only be recognized as a Caravelle because of the characteristic triangle-shaped windows. Anyway, if you are still interested, I can e-mail it to you when I get to Slovenia later this year (that's where the photo is). BTW, are you familiar with any other "unusual" aircraft operated by Adria? I have seen a picture of a ROMBAC-111 in Adria colors. Do you know anything about that arrangement?

Thanks,

PHX-LJU

9A-CRO
Crew

Sun Jan 28, 2001 5:55 pm

I have seen photo of Adria 727,
(try mailing Jernej Verbovsek, (he has some photos here), he haas it on his homepage , but I do not know the URL

(
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...