aking8488

JAL Logos

Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:17 am

I really like the interesting paint schemes JAL applies to their a/c. I was wondering if anyone might know the meaning of "Reso'cha" (resort??), "Super Logistics," and/or "J-Bird." Thanks!

Trvlr

RE: JAL Logos

Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:51 am

J-Bird is just another name for JAL's Md11s. I think they call their 777s Starjets or something like that, and their 747s are calle Sky Cruisers.

Super Logistics is I think also just another name for their cargo operations. It's kind of like saying "Super Freight" or "Super Cargo"

Don't know about Reso'cha though...

Aaron G.

KLM747

Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:03 am

I don't know Resocha. But J-Bird is the name for their MD-11s. Each of their MD-11s has a different kind of bird on it. The StarJets are their 777s, each 777 has a different star like Regulus, Betelguese, etc. And also some of their 737s are called Flower Jets because they have different floweres.  Smile And one more is Sky Cruiser, they are used on their 747s, which are not different, just the word "Sky Cruiser"

I will check for Resocha.  Big grin

KLM747 Big grin

Tue Jan 30, 2001 7:26 am

AFAIK Reso'cha is a special service theme that covers all JAL and JALways tour packages to Hawaii, Guam, and Saipan. There are also Okinawa services.

Reso'cha was first started on June 4th, 1994, flying to HNL. There used to be Paris and Australia routes.

JALways exists as a separate entity from JAL. Aside from scheduled flights (began in 1999), they operate charter and "wet lease" flights (e.g. JAL flights operated with JALways crew and aircraft). scheduled flights are mostly to Hawaii, Saipan, etc.; charter operates to Australia, South Asia, among other places.

http://www.resocha.jal.co.jp/
http://www.jalways.co.jp/
(no english on either site)

Tue Jan 30, 2001 7:30 am

KLM, only the 747-400s are called Sky Cruisers. The classics don't get that name.

Sky Cruiser sounds better than ANA's "Techno Jumbo" doesn't it?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy