High IQ? Or Good Vision

Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:14 am

IF THERE IS A CAPTAIN THAT READS THIS I'D LIKE TO KNOW THE PURPOSE OF HAVING GOOD VISION. DOESN'T YOUR VISION BECOME EFFECTED BY STARING AT THE COMPUTERS? I WOULD MUCH RATHER WORRY ABOUT MY INTELLIGENCE AND EXPERIENCE THAN MY VISION. WHO NOWS IN THE FUTURE WE MIGHT HAVE PLANES PILOTED FROM THE GROUND

DAN

XFSUgimpLB41X

RE: High IQ? Or Good Vision

Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:57 am

In visual flight conditions often times you have to have visual contact with other aircraft miles away..and you ahve to be able to see the other aircraft which can be hard to spot at times. Your vision has to be correctable to 20/20. PLus you dont want a pilot that has to smush his/her nose up against the instrumunts/displays to be able to see them. Intelligence is already and very much a big part of it..and experience is also a huge part of it. Vision is just that simple requirement.
Chicks dig winglets.

Cleco

Tue Jan 30, 2001 11:15 am

When you say that it must be correctable to 20/20 do you mean through glasses or surgery?

Jake
EMBRY-RIDDLE BABY

XFSUgimpLB41X

Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:58 pm

Right now surgery disqualifies you for a Class I Medical certificate taht is necessary for the airlines... so glasses or contacts only for now. I hear the military is changing their policy to accept surgery..but i am not sure if you can fly front/right seat.
Chicks dig winglets.