BUFjets
Topic Author

Southwest Seating Question

Wed Jan 31, 2001 12:53 am

I will be flying some long flights on Southwest next week (BUF-PHX 5 hours). I'll be on a 737-700. Does Southwest remove the window seat near the emergency exits on these planes? Is it worth getting to the airport early to get a low boarding number? Also, what about 737-500?
Thanks very much in advance.

pmk

RE: Southwest Seating Question

Wed Jan 31, 2001 1:00 am

SWA uses a "club seating" at emergency exits. There is a window, however you will have two sets of seats i.e. one facing forward-behind the exit door, and one facing rearward (toward the tail) infront of the exit door. Yes it is worth getting to the airport early for a low number, if the flight is full and if you will be on the same plane the whole trip I would almost say it is necessary. If you are traveling with an older person (or are one) or with children (or are one) you can get seating priority, it really helps. If there's anything else you want to know just ask.

Peter

RE: Southwest Seating Question

Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:58 am

That is the case on the 735. However, WN removed the lounges on the -700. There is, therefore, a lot more room in the emergency exit row on a -700. Well worth getting there early.