Did Eurowings Ordered CRJs?

Wed Jan 31, 2001 1:32 am

Hello. I think i've heard yesterday on the radio that Eurowings had just placed an order for 15 CRJs with options for 30 more but i cannot find anything confirming that.
Anyone has infos?
Thanks.

A320FO

RE: Did Eurowings Ordered CRJs?

Wed Jan 31, 2001 2:51 am

see the press release at http://www.eurowings.de

A320FO

johnnybgoode

Wed Jan 31, 2001 2:54 am

well, i didn´t hear such a thing, which not means they i don´t believe you.
in fact, eurowings has been considering getting jets to replace its fleet of ATRs but as far as i know no formal statement has been made.
i once read something that the decision on EWs future plan would depend on LH getting a stake in EW which would then enjoy impact on some EW decisions. now that they´ve got the 26% stake and will likely raise this to 49% in a couple of years, and given that LH cityline operates many CRJs and that they will receive the Do-728 in two years, i think both families should be the most logical choices. i recall something that EW was looking at the Do-728 family, but once again, don´t quote me on that.

rgds
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Wed Jan 31, 2001 3:08 am

Thanks A320FO! I went back and checked the german version. It still does not appear on the english pages though. As i don't read german, i just was able to decipher that they did ordered CRJ200s...

johnnybgoode

Wed Jan 31, 2001 3:16 am

just checked the press release.
well, EW ordered CRJs!!!!!
but they said they´ll supplement the fleet and will not replace the ATRs. quite interesting. however, i´m wondering if the options include some CRJ-700s, i suppose it does.

rgds
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.