deanie

U.S. Airways-Metrojets

Thu Feb 01, 2001 2:02 pm

737-200 are what they use I believe. Anyone had bad experiences in these older planes?? Does anyone know if their maintained up to standards w/rudder inspections & replacements. Safety, etc.Thanks.....nervous flyer

D L X

RE: U.S. Airways-Metrojets

Thu Feb 01, 2001 2:05 pm

These planes are quite well maintained, and if you're flying one, you'll find that their interiors are quite nice. They give coach more legroom than on mainline, if you can believe that!

enjoy your trip.

Gregg

Thu Feb 01, 2001 2:09 pm

Most of the metrojets 737-200 are from the 1980s (not old by 737-200 standards). I think USairways took delivery of the last "new" 737-200 in the late 80s. They are good aircraft with many safe years left on them.

AA737-823

Thu Feb 01, 2001 2:09 pm

My girlfriend's dad is a Metrojet pilot. He is pretty happy with them, and that should say something about the airline in general.

I like the 737-200s. They are old, that's true, but there is a lot less technology in an old plane. And for me, that's something nice to get away from once in awhile. I mean, the plane flies just fine, so it's nice to have just engines and hydraulics for a change, rather than three mega computers all making decisions that might agree, might not.

Sure, the electronics DO make them safer and far more economical, but give me a 727 or a 732 or a DC-9 any day, I'll be perfectly happy.

And it's a proven plane. We know how good the 737 is, and the first generation is what set the ball rolling. Look how many airlines still operate 732s- USMetro, Delta, United, Southwest, and probably others. Vanguard too. But they're not really a major.

Randy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos