IL62
Topic Author

IL62 FAN

Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:05 pm

Hi everyone!
I am a big IL62 fan and would like to hear from other fans out there.
I look forward to hearing from you.

sjsalisbury@hotmail.com

Regards

Simon

Amir

RE: IL62 FAN

Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:10 pm

Hi! welcome to the club!

iam also interested in russian planes mainly the IL62, since it was the plane i flew most when i was a kid  Wink/being sarcastic

Trying to find an opportunity to fly this bird again (Last time i flew it was in May 1990).

Brgds
Amir

RIX

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:12 am

Welcome!

I lived in the former USSR until 1996, so most of my flights still are on the Soviet planes. IL62 is one of them (others are An2, An24, IL18, IL86, Tu134, Tu154, Yak40, Yak42). IL18 and Tu154 are the favorite ones but I liked IL62 very much too. Flew on it only two times: in November or December 1986, from Leningrad to Tashkent, the aircraft was rather old and worn (interior) but was very clean and the flight was VERY smooth. Another flight was on IL62M from Paris CDG to Moscow SVO in April, 1991. The interior was very nice (looked to me like IL86-style in a narrowbody), the Business class service was rather below what it is now (my recent experience with SU in both First and Business international was outstanding) but very good in compare to my then experience  Smile.

There could be a third flight too, on CSA IL62(M?) from Prague to Moscow in September 1990, but we had to change to SU IL86 because the CSA flight was arriving to Moscow too late and we could miss our transfer to Moscow-Riga train...

Overall, I like IL62. (Once doing a project at the university I called IL62 my run-time task to trace it among the others  Smile). It is still one of the nicest in the skies...

VH-OJO

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:43 am

You can count me in as well. I love IL-62, it is one of my favorite aircraft. I have flown on it numerous times, including one transatlantic crossing. My last flight was in August 1990, and like Amir, I would give anything to fly on one once again before they are gone forever. I have the same idea with IL-18, but that is even more difficult.

Regards,
VH-OJO

amo757

Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:04 am

hey, i luv the IL-62 as well, it is such a cool plane, maybe a little old but it looks great and is great to fly on. i flew on it in '99, on 2 flights. it was a very good experience. i havnt seen many in the uk tho, at least not recently.
amo

An-225

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:19 am

Hey, I am in the club too. It was the first airplane I could recognize in the sky. I lived by Domodedovo airport, and saw a lot of them back in the day. Long Live the IL-62!
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

IL62
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2001 5:41 am

Hi there and thanx a lot for your message.

I would love to fly on the IL62 again during this year and would do anything to make my dream come true.
It would be great to travel with a few IL62 fans, don't you think?

Anyway keep in touch

IL62

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos