Tg 747-300
Topic Author

DC10/MD11 And The 777

Fri Feb 02, 2001 3:32 am

Many airlines are using the 777 as a replacement for their Dc10/MD11 a/c. So you can say that the 777 is Boeings answer to the mighty Douglas a/c.

Personaly i think the 777 is a vry nice and comfy a/C (nothing bad about it) But i don't think it's a "worthy" replacement for the Dc10/MD11
That is because a twin engined jet cant compete with the outstanding design of a three jet (the Dc10 is the nicst looking three jet in my oppinion)
I think the 777 design is missing something in the rear (more than an engine  Smile )
But the Dc10/md11 and the B777 also have something in common like the seating layout (2-5-2) and range (i don't know, but i'm guessing btw: noth thinking of any LR 777)

My final comment is that a three jet can't be replaced with a twin-jet (ther's something with the design that twin's are "missing")
So it's sad to se the Dc10/Md11 go

Hope you have some comments on this topic

tg 747-300
intentionally left blank

VASI

RE: DC10/MD11 And The 777

Fri Feb 02, 2001 3:59 am

Hi!

Yeah that`s true!
I prefer flying on the MD-11 whenever possible, because on transatlantic flights I prefer a third engine and overall the trijet design is premium.
The planned MD-11X would have been a truly great plane matching it´s competitors in every class.

Best regards
VASI

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos