denspotter

VistaJet, Where Are They Now?

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:32 am

Anyone, i was reviewing an Old Airliner issue from Sept/Oct 1997 and in the News section it has a pic of a Canadian Airline called VistaJet of London, Ontario.

There aircraft was C-GVJB and was a 737-291 Model.

What has happened to this company? Are they gone, or still around, or doing charters??

Thanks

Aaron...

UAL Bagsmasher

RE: VistaJet, Where Are They Now?

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:43 am

Perhaps you can trace the registration through one of the many databases on the Web and find out who owns that particular aircraft at the present time.

AC183

RE: VistaJet, Where Are They Now?

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:48 am

VistaJet was horribly mismanaged, and died shortly after starting up. They made mistakes like:
-tried starting up with a single aircraft. Every time it was down for maintenance, they chartered a turboprop to fill in. Pax didn't like it...
-they started up operations as soon as they got their operating certificate, without any advance notice or advertising. So... their first flight only had 1 passenger on it...
-I heard that when they got their aircraft, they found out they had less range than they thought... so they couldn't fly where they had hoped
-horribly undercapitalized. I heard something about management having asked pilots to provide some capital at time of hiring...

This info I heard was second hand, so I can't say for sure it's accurate, but I think it gives an idea of how badly managed they were.

denspotter

RE: AC183

Mon Feb 05, 2001 10:16 am

AC183, thank you very much for your info, that really does sound like a mismanaged company.

Appreaciate it.

Aaron

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos