denspotter

VistaJet, Where Are They Now?

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:32 am

Anyone, i was reviewing an Old Airliner issue from Sept/Oct 1997 and in the News section it has a pic of a Canadian Airline called VistaJet of London, Ontario.

There aircraft was C-GVJB and was a 737-291 Model.

What has happened to this company? Are they gone, or still around, or doing charters??

Thanks

Aaron...

UAL Bagsmasher

RE: VistaJet, Where Are They Now?

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:43 am

Perhaps you can trace the registration through one of the many databases on the Web and find out who owns that particular aircraft at the present time.

AC183

RE: VistaJet, Where Are They Now?

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:48 am

VistaJet was horribly mismanaged, and died shortly after starting up. They made mistakes like:
-tried starting up with a single aircraft. Every time it was down for maintenance, they chartered a turboprop to fill in. Pax didn't like it...
-they started up operations as soon as they got their operating certificate, without any advance notice or advertising. So... their first flight only had 1 passenger on it...
-I heard that when they got their aircraft, they found out they had less range than they thought... so they couldn't fly where they had hoped
-horribly undercapitalized. I heard something about management having asked pilots to provide some capital at time of hiring...

This info I heard was second hand, so I can't say for sure it's accurate, but I think it gives an idea of how badly managed they were.

denspotter

RE: AC183

Mon Feb 05, 2001 10:16 am

AC183, thank you very much for your info, that really does sound like a mismanaged company.

Appreaciate it.

Aaron