El Al 001
Topic Author

Swissair's Fans; I Need Help!

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:23 pm

Hello everyone!

5 min. ago i booked a flight of SR from TLV to FRA via ZRH for...... tommrow (6/2).....!!!

I'm taking the morning flight of swissair from TLV to ZRH, t/o at 05:30 on an A332 then i have 3 hours transit time at ZRH and then an A319 flight to FRA.

I need your help in some matters!

How do i get, from who to ask and is it possible to ride on the jump seat on the 332 or the 319???

What do you think i should do at ZRH for 3 hours?
Should i look for something interesting??? like a swissair A332 without a tail or so????  Nuts ?:-l

Any special seat i should ask for in the check-in?

Anyway, every teep will be much apriciated!  Big thumbs up

Thanx, Michael.  Smile

gerardo

RE: Swissair's Fans; I Need Help!

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:32 pm

Here you have your Swissair-Fan  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

About jumpseat: ask whoever you see with a Swissair uniform  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

at ZRH: go to the visitors desk on the roof of Terminal B. Take a camera and take as much shots as you can. If you are there between 10.00 and 14.00, then you will have plenty of widebodies to look at.

Regards
Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

TCA256

Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:54 pm

shalom Michael,

No need tips for you but just a small note
to wish you a nice trip in Europe...leihitraot,

take care,

CV990

Mon Feb 05, 2001 10:01 pm

Hi!

From what I know you cvan visit the cockpit but I doubt they let you fly all way long in the jumpseat. About staying 3 hours in Zurich you have a nice place to spot in Terminal B terrace, you have a nice cheap bar where you can have a sandwich and a beer, spot nicely and also visit a shop that have a lot of aviation books, you may find something interesting, the terrace have seats and if its sunny there's always shades on those seats. About trafic, you'll see many Swissair Airbuses, MD11's, also some traffic from Europe and also from Eastern countries like Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Russia, Georgia, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Good trip and don't forget to get the registrations of the planes you fly!!!
regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

cfalk

Mon Feb 05, 2001 10:16 pm

Swissair places restrictions on who is allowed in the cockpit for takeoff and landing, although in flight visits are never a problem. Never hurts to ask though - the worst they can do is say no.

If you are lucky, and the weather is good, Zurich is one of the best airports around for spotters. Getting to the best places requires a car, but the terrace over terminal B is also excellent. There is a bar conveniently placed to keep warm, if it's too cold  Smile

To get to the terrace, you will have to go through immigration, as it is not in the secured zone. I don't know if you need a visa for Switzerland (I doubt it), but you might want to check.

Have fun.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

El Al 001
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2001 10:48 pm

Thank you guys so much!

Im sure it will help me a lot.
Since my flight lands at terminal B, I gues it wont be a problem reaching the terrace though my ZRH-FRA sector leaves from terminal.

So again, Thanx!

cfalk

Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:32 am

Shouldn't be any problem. When you leave, head for the immigration desks, which are downstairs, go through customs to the arrival hall. Go up the escalators to the departure check/in area, and if I remember right, the entrance to the terrace will be at the far corner on the right. It costs 2 francs to get in, and you will be searched.

Cheers,

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

gibberish

Tue Feb 06, 2001 2:30 am

Hey,

Have great flights (I'm sure you will!!) and enjoy ZRH!

gibberish

avion

Tue Feb 06, 2001 4:55 am

Please take some interior pics and write a trip report.

Tom

El Al 001
Topic Author

Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:48 pm

Hi everyone!
Im writing from the free internet corner in ZRH,
My flight to ZRH was so great!
There were only 130 pax on board, i'll tell you more about my exprience once i get to my final destination at FRA,
I'm about to go to the terrace and it does'nt seem so simple though!