avratdwc

Donating Time!

Wed Feb 07, 2001 4:31 am

Hey everyone whats going on. I am looking for some help with something. I am looking to see if there are any organizations out there that specialize in helping people, either under priviledged, disabled etc. get into aviation. I am a CFI and looking to maybe donate some time if any groups have week long programs etc. I would appreciate the help from you all.
Dave

RE: Donating Time!

Wed Feb 07, 2001 4:53 am

I looked into Angel Flight http://www.Angelfight.org which is flying people to doctors who could not normally get there. You bid the flight, and fly it. It seems very nice to me, I was unable to do it as I was only 17.
Iain

AmtrakGuy

Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:49 am

Hi....I'm involved with travel issues for people with disabilities...I'm not sure there is any organization you mentioned...but I think it's excellent idea...two weeks ago, I attended the Soceity of Accessible Travel & Hospitaility Conference in Ft. Lauderdale -- at the end of the conference, some of us went down to Miami to ride in sailboats that was designed for various individuals (and childrens) with disabilities.

I'll ask around if there is such a group..

Dave

Wed Feb 07, 2001 10:59 am

I know there is a St. Catherines youth flying club where pilots donate their time introducing children to flying.