AA737-823
Topic Author

Legend's Plane...

Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:31 pm

Rumor has it that they lost three planes today...

That's what we're hearing in Dallas.

Randy

RE: Legend's Plane...

Thu Feb 08, 2001 5:08 am

It is very hard to lose an airplane. I think they will find them if they look harder. This is not something that you can leave somewhere and just forget like a set of keys. People will notice these planes being lost and will return them.

maiznblu_757

I Wish You HAD A Life

Thu Feb 08, 2001 5:26 am

I WISH YOU HAD A LIFE ALSO BONEHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

-maiznblu_757-
http://www.us.hsanet.net/user/maiznblu_757

CactusA319

Lighten Up Dude

Thu Feb 08, 2001 5:38 am

maiznblu

The guy is just kidding. Don't you have a sense of humor? Wishihadalife cracks me up!

But seriously, Legend has had three of their planes repoed already, and things aren't looking too good for them. They were supposed to get a $20 million loan but it never really came through, so it looks they are going to fade away pretty soon.

Do I hear "Another one bites the dust" in the background????

flashmeister

Thu Feb 08, 2001 6:36 am

Thank you, AMR

Legend has it (no pun intended) that the planes are already sunbathing in the Arizona desert...

VirginA340

Thu Feb 08, 2001 8:38 am

You can probably find Legends 3 DC-9s between the ex TWA 747-100 thats up for demolition and the fleet of AA DC-10s being turned into freighters for FEDEX.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Sorry to see them go but thats what happens when AA gets down and dirty along with those bastards who promised $20 Million but didn't pay up. I was hoping to see Legend at LGA but I guess thats a good thing for the FAA of one less carrier at the airport due to being the worst in delays in the United States. If Legend did come back I was kind of thinking that LGA would probably be dropped and they could fly to EWR because the delays at LGA get worse and worse. This is one reason why I stopped flying US Airways and DL shuttles because by the time my Amtrak metroliner or Acela gets to DC or Boston (which ever two cities I go to) Chances are you'll still be stuch on the tarmac at LGA on a DL-737-800 or a US A320 along with 150 other angry, vengeful and screaming business people from Wall ST who have meetings that they missed and who plan to sue the airline as well as others (Hey; Stranger things have happened. It's alos happened before and some have actually won. The lawsuits are usually in the low millions)
"FUIMUS"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos