hkgspotter1

Frankfurt Spotters!

Thu Feb 08, 2001 6:04 pm

B-HOX the green thing from Cathay Pacific will be with you tomorrow.

CX Flyboy

RE: Frankfurt Spotters!

Thu Feb 08, 2001 7:40 pm

i.e. Friday morning. 09-02-01

...unless all hell breaks loose and there is an aircraft switch, which happens a lot here at Cathay!

na

Thu Feb 08, 2001 8:58 pm

Thanks from FRA! I´ve even flown on the Millenium Jet already and took lots of pictures. Unfortunately CX is always arriving at FRA extremely early in the morning (like almost all interesting flights before 7. Sigh!)

I wish someone on this forum would post when the two "Dreaming" Jumbos of Qantas would come here. I´ve seen them often, but unfortunately always when I´ve been on travel without my camera.

johnnybgoode

Fri Feb 09, 2001 2:51 am

has anyone got some good ideas for spotting places?
i know about the visitor´s terrace at T1 and the one at T2 and i think both are great. but i don´t wanna take pictures only of taxiing aircraft.
there´s a road which leads from the terminal area to the other side, to the control tower and the cargo area. there´s a parking lot right at the height of the runways and you can take excellent pictures of arriving planes if they approach from the west. but that´s all i can talk about. i love aviation photography and i was certainly lucky to make some excellent shots last time i was at FRA but i´d still consider me a beginner.
if anyone has tips or ideas, please let me know!

thanks

regards
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

1stspotter

Fri Feb 09, 2001 6:53 am

Hi Daniel,

There is a description of spotting at Frankfurt on my homepage. Both approach sides of the parallel runways offer places to take nice photos. And aircraft taking off from runway 18 can be photographed as well.

best wishes
Marcel
http://surf.to/spotter

johnnybgoode

Sat Feb 10, 2001 1:50 am

thanks a lot,
marcel, really appreciate your info!!!

best wishes
daniel  Big thumbs up
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.