Andy
Topic Author

No More ORD-CLT

Tue Apr 20, 1999 8:06 am

Hi :

It seems that AA cancels its route from ORD to CLT. I traveled with AA on this route and they transfered me to USAirways ...

Can anybody confirm ? Thanks

Andy
You know you’ve landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.

RE: No More ORD-CLT

Tue Apr 20, 1999 8:50 am

AA & US Airways have entered into an Code-sharing agreement. It is expected that soon they will announce an even boader agreement. You may also find it interesting to know that AA gave up a slot at London-Gatwick so US Airways could get it to fly a CLT-LGW route. Because they added the CLT-LGW flight US Airways discontinued its PHL-AMS flight because they simply had no plane to fly it.

Lance

AvroRJ

AA And US Codesharing?

Tue Apr 20, 1999 11:09 am

When did AA and US announce that they would start codesharing? While their frequent flyer programs have been linked for a little while, I was not aware that these two airlines were going to start codesharing soon. It certainly would be a major step--wouldn't the pilots unions have to approve this? While I have heard a great deal of speculation about possible "growing ties" between AA and US, I have not yet heard anything official about codesharing.

Gordon

RE: AA And US Codesharing?

Tue Apr 20, 1999 10:13 pm

Avro is correct, the two have not announced any plans for codesharing (yet). As for the ORD-CLT service, as a frequent traveler into CLT, I can tell you that AA has not operated this service for some time (at least a year).