Andy
Topic Author

No More ORD-CLT

Tue Apr 20, 1999 8:06 am

Hi :

It seems that AA cancels its route from ORD to CLT. I traveled with AA on this route and they transfered me to USAirways ...

Can anybody confirm ? Thanks

Andy
You know you’ve landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.

RE: No More ORD-CLT

Tue Apr 20, 1999 8:50 am

AA & US Airways have entered into an Code-sharing agreement. It is expected that soon they will announce an even boader agreement. You may also find it interesting to know that AA gave up a slot at London-Gatwick so US Airways could get it to fly a CLT-LGW route. Because they added the CLT-LGW flight US Airways discontinued its PHL-AMS flight because they simply had no plane to fly it.

Lance

AvroRJ

AA And US Codesharing?

Tue Apr 20, 1999 11:09 am

When did AA and US announce that they would start codesharing? While their frequent flyer programs have been linked for a little while, I was not aware that these two airlines were going to start codesharing soon. It certainly would be a major step--wouldn't the pilots unions have to approve this? While I have heard a great deal of speculation about possible "growing ties" between AA and US, I have not yet heard anything official about codesharing.

Gordon

RE: AA And US Codesharing?

Tue Apr 20, 1999 10:13 pm

Avro is correct, the two have not announced any plans for codesharing (yet). As for the ORD-CLT service, as a frequent traveler into CLT, I can tell you that AA has not operated this service for some time (at least a year).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos