airbus380

Family Flight Crews

Sat Feb 10, 2001 9:43 am

Has there ever been a father-son or brother-brother or even brother-sister pilot combo? Thanks.

ILUV767

RE: Family Flight Crews

Sat Feb 10, 2001 10:51 am

Yep.

modesto2

Sat Feb 10, 2001 11:25 am

I flew on UA954, SFO-LHR (744) back in August 2000. It was the captain's second-to-last flight (the return trip was the last). The first officer was his son. I visited the flight deck before the flight and he also had his wife up there, taking photos. A Kodak moment...

SAA

Sat Feb 10, 2001 11:33 pm

Air Mauritius has/had an A340 Captain & F/O team.

SAA SAA Fly The South African Dream  Big thumbs up

Sun Feb 11, 2001 12:00 am

Barry Schiff who used to fly for TWA, his retirement flight was with his son.
Iain

wing

Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:01 am

Hi to you all.Interesting topic.My grandfather was one of the first military pilots of Turkish Airforce.He flew with spitfires and was an instructor at AT-11.My father was an ex AF pilot flew T33,RF84,F86,F104,F4E.Retired when he was a colonel and flies MD88 for ONURAIR in Turkey.Myself is graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronatical University,Daytona Beach,FL,build up some turboproptime and finally started B737-400 training as a First Officer two weeks ago for Pegasus Airlines of Turkey.My aunts husband is a Captain inB737400 at Turkish Airlines.And finally my beloved brother(may he Rest in Peace) was lost his life while flying an AirForce UH1H SAR Helicopter after encountering jetwash of 4 F4E's some years ago.I don't know if this answers your question but we are a hell of an aviator family.Don't you think?
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:21 am

Wing...
You can certainly be proud of your family. What a proud tradition they have established.  Big thumbs up

One of my students was hired by the old Frontier Airlines prior to their going out of business. His father was a Frontier 737 captain and I think that they were able to get a few flights together before the airline folded. I also seem to remember a father/son/daughter team on one of the airlines. The father and son were on the flight deck and the daughter was one of the flight attendants.

Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:59 am

Jetguy I thought it was mum dad and son. Son and Dad flying, and mum the FA.
Iain

kaitak

Sun Feb 11, 2001 2:06 am

Meet the Kings and the Cronins.

The Kings are a New Zealand family. The father, Laurie King, was a captain with Cathay for many years, from the piston days right up to CV880s and possibly even 707s. His son (last time I heard) is a captain on 744s with CX; another son was on 747 Classics and yet another son was a 767 F/O with ANZ. (CX Flyboy might be able to update this).

The Cronin family, from Ireland, had strong links with Aer Lingus. Captain P Cronin was a captain with EI for many years, retiring with the 747; his daughter Grainne was the first ever EI woman pilot, now a 737 (possibly A320/321?) captain with EI and her husband was/is an Aer Lingus captain. Her sister was Ryanair's first woman captain.

There is a brother/brother combination in EI as well, although not sure if they have actually flown together. I'm sure they will at some stage.

However, Iberia has a family called Pombo, with about five or six family members in the same airline.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos