airlineguy

Express.net

Sat Feb 10, 2001 12:12 pm

Does anyone know anything about Express.net? I have seen their planes as I travel around the US. Do they have a web site?

JETPILOT

RE: Express.net

Sat Feb 10, 2001 12:29 pm

Express.Net is the reincarnation of Scott Kalittas Transcontinental.

Theairline was purchased by David Clark the former owner of ATI. Notice any similarities in the paint jobs?

The airline now operates 2 727's. A 100 and a 200. The 200 793A was recently purchased from USAirways shuttle. 2 727 100's were recently parked due to a lack of business.

The airline utilizes 1 100 to carry around race horses. They carry all the race horses to all the big races.

The airline also operates 7 A300B4's.

The airline seems to be focusing on the A300's and has no plans to increse the number of 727's in the fleet.

They have no website.

The carrier is an ad hoc charter company signing short term contracts with other carriers such as Emery. They don't carry any of their own cargo and will not be much of anything unless someone purchases the company.

JET

airlineguy

Sat Feb 10, 2001 12:46 pm

Yes I have notice the similarites in ATI and Express.net livery.

I have notice they do contract work with Emery. I see 2 A300 flying into Dayton on a reg basis.

Your last comment I somewhat disagree with. Any airline can become of something if they focus right. Look at companies like Gemini Air Cargo or the once flying Challange Air Cargo.

HlywdCatft

Sat Feb 10, 2001 1:09 pm

I didn't know Scott Kalitta owned them. But I seen the 2 Airbus A300s parkedat Willow Run YIP where Transcontinental usually parks its DC-8s. The A300s usually have their engines covered whenever I have seen them there and I have never seen them circle over my house which is in Willow Runs flight path

JETPILOT

Sat Feb 10, 2001 1:18 pm

I work for them. Believe me I know !!

The mentality between the Gemini Air Cargo and Express.Net are as different than night and day.

The pay at Express.net is below the standard with no implications the airline will continue negotiations with the pilot group to complete a contract.

The carrier cares little about it's pilots. It's a cut throat 3rd tier carrier. It's a domicile for time building, the unemployable, and people looking for a temporary flying job in between real flying jobs.

CAC had no assets. It's pilot group was also one of the lowest paid in the industry. We know there view on it's pilots after CAC failed to negotiate into the contract with UPS jobs for it's crews.

Gemini is however a great employer who treats it's employees with respect.

JET

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos