che

Pittsburgh Airport

Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:42 am

I might have a chance to look around PIT and take some photos this weekend. Any info on good places? I am asuming you dont need a ticket to go thru security,do you?
Thanks
che

US A333 PIT

RE: Pittsburgh Airport

Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:59 am

PIT is my home airport. And you don't need a ticket to get through security. If the planes are landing on Runways 28R, C, L which they usually do you have to get into the US Airways club either in the A concourse or the B concourse. The clubs sit higher than any place else, so you get a great view of the runways pretty much right where the planes touchdown. If you can't get into the clubs then I would suggest going to the ends of the A and B concourse but these spots aren't nearly as good. Good luck!

AirT85

Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:42 am

Depending on the runways being used, i would also suggest the eating area by the McDonalds, they have a good view of on of the runways(sorry not sure which one) but the view is slightly limited off to the sides by concourses A and D.
Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:48 am

I love Pittsburgh Airport. I travel their often. My family lives about 1 hour north of there. I hope you enjoy youself. When you get the pics developed, give me a buzz. I would like to look at them if you don't mind.

che

RE: Danilovics

Tue Feb 20, 2001 9:53 am

Unfortunatly I was unable to go to PIT. Definatly next time!
che

che

Tue Feb 20, 2001 9:57 am

Oh yeah I will be in the area again in April. This time I will get to PIT. And when I get those devoleped you can have a look at them.
che

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos