Tennisace
Topic Author

Old Delta Routes To Vancouver

Fri Feb 16, 2001 2:32 am

If memory serves correct, Delta used to fly into YVR up until a couple of years ago. Now all that remains is a Delta connector flight (SkyWest) to SLC once or twice a day. Does anyone remember where they flew to from YVR?? And what other cities did they pull out of??...YEG, YYC?? Thanks guys.

GreatPooh

RE: Old Delta Routes To Vancouver

Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:17 am

I have flown DL from ATL, PDX, SLC and CVG to YVR. All on mainline equipment. I also believe they offered service from LAX.

I also did SLC to YYC a few years ago. I understand they dropped all of these routes because they could make more using the Aircraft on other routes.

GreatPooh

777YYC

Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:23 am

Delta pulled out of YYC and YEG in 1998 due to small loads. I think Delta left YVR before YYC and YEG .They used to fly into(from SLC) YYC and YEG with 727s. I'm not sure of what they used for Vancouver. I flew them YYC-SLC a few months before they pulled out, the plane was pretty empty. YYC and YVR now have Skywest CRJ flights to SLC. YEG has nothing.

Smile

Samurai 777

Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:23 am

Doesn't Skywest still offer service from YVR to PDX? I remember seeing something like that at YVR on the airport's transborder flight schedules.

Samurai 777

Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:34 am

I think DL used 727s and maybe MD-80 series to SLC from YVR. DL did use the 727 as its equipment of choice to YYC and YEG, but I have seen DL 737-300s at YEG from time to time before DL pulled out. They were probably equipment changes. It's unlikely DL will ever return to YEG in the near future. Besides, the loss of service wasn't that terribly missed by Edmonton Airports, surprisingly. This was because the vast majority of passngers at YEG were using SLC as a connection point, mostly to LAX and other US cities. And AC already was offering that kind of service, only it was via Denver. However, the service by AC to DEN is doing very well. The same goes for YEG-LAX nonstop. But as 777YYC said, Skywest still does fly to YYC and YVR.

superdawg

Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:46 am

Delta used both 727's and 757's from YYC to SLC a few times a day but this was over 4 years ago. When I flew on the 757 it was quite full on both legs, so it kinda surprised me that they downgraded all the way to a CRJ.

Tennisace
Topic Author

RE: Samurai 777

Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:26 am

Samurai 777....yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that,I think you're right! The Skywest flights to PDX as well as SLC are Delta connectors out of YVR. The Skywest flights YVR to SEA are United Express. Hmmm...so when Delta reduces its Portland hub status in the upcoming months, I wonder if that will effect the number of Skywest flights to YVR, let alone SEA, SLC, etc??? Any thoughts?

woody

Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:15 am

When Delta started CVG-YVR they used the 757, then after a few months it was switched to a 727. Then when the next schedule came out the service was stopped. Poor load factors had to be the reason that they stopped service.
Delta also stopped mainline service to GRR and now only Comair and ASA fly the route, Comair to CVG and ASA to ATL.

Tennisace
Topic Author

RE: Delta Out Of PDX

Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:17 pm

Just one more thing......when Delta downsizes their flight schedule for PDX in May or June or whenever it is, will Portland have any non-stop service to Asia at all?

Trvlr

Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:21 pm

Only cargo service, on KE and maybe a few others.

Aaron G.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos