JJJM
Topic Author

JM To Maracaibo......why Maracaibo?

Sat Feb 17, 2001 1:53 pm

On JM's plans for this year, they are planing on opening Montego Bay-Maracaibo route....but WHY MARACAIBO? wouldn't it make more sense Caracas, or Aruba or Curacao or even Cancun than Maracaibo?.......this will be JM's first South America route...and really i think this will be another big mistake just like Antigua/Turcs/Port of Spain.....it seems like JM don't really study the markets before opening a route.....I'll give it 2 months......it really makes more sence a MBJ/AUA/CCS route.....speacially now that AUA doesn't have an airline and that Vzla is cat 2, so their national airlines are restricted...... maybe is that Butch is opening a Sandals in Maracaibo..... Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile  Smile.....

Well who knows what's in "BUTCH STUARD'S" head for this new move.......we'll see

Also Tampa as planned for this year, should be a route they should study....NW flies TPA/MBJ already......why just don't offer more flights and better schedules from MCO?....

Great for Houston, that will be a full flight every day......

What do u think about the above?......

Pbb152

RE: JM To Maracaibo......why Maracaibo?

Sat Feb 17, 2001 5:27 pm

JJJM, I can't really comment about the Maracaibo route, but the new MBJ-IAH route should be a winner. I think the folks at Air Jamaica see real promise in this route judging by the fact that it will be a daily flight right from the start. I know both PHX and BOS were started by JM last year, but both flights are operated 3 or 4 times weekly. JM has had plans to restart service to IAH for a few years now, and it is finally coming to fruition on June 7th. We look forward to the new splash of color in Houston. Supposedly BWIA will also begin new service to IAH towards the end of the year. I'll have to bring my sunglasses if they park next to each other.

Pete