N509JB
Topic Author

The Newest JetBlue Cities Are...

Thu Feb 22, 2001 3:14 am

we just announced SYR for may 7th

we are hiring GMs and supervisors right now in DEN and SEA-TAC. this can be found on our website www.jetblue.com

so there u go...it looks like SAN is put on the shelf for right now. also, look for MSY soon too.

N509JB

LN-MOW

RE: The Newest JetBlue Cities Are...

Thu Feb 22, 2001 3:22 am

What do you guys pay.....??? Might be interested.
- I am LN-MOW, and I approve this message.

ishky15

Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:42 am

I'm excited that JetBlue is expanding all across the country! I'm glad that they'll be recognized across the country as a lowfare carrier, not just the East Coast. I'm also glad that they'll be having flights to major business destinations like Seattle and Denver, not just leisure destinations in Florida. They have a very good product and there's enough people in New York for them to succeed without relying on connecting passengers or lower load factors. They have a good commitment to New York and are acchieving high goals because they're sticking to one hub.

chepos

Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:59 am

I hope to see you guys soon in SJU . We need the low fares and good service .
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

DCA-ROCguy

Thu Feb 22, 2001 6:09 am

N509JB, any possibility that JetBlue could come to the Washington DC area in the next year? I travel Washington-Rochester regularly, and for once the problem is on the DC end instead of the Rochester end! :+)

I second Ishky15--good to see JetBlue taking on more clearly-business destinations. You guys are a class act and can expect to earn business travelers as well as leisure travelers. As soon as that frequent flyer plan is in place all the better.

And as soon as you're in DC (Reagan or BWI my preferences, I live in the District) you'll have a loyal customer on DCA-JFK-ROC.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

N509JB
Topic Author

Answers

Thu Feb 22, 2001 10:23 pm

LN-MOW :
that depends on what you want to do of course, but we pay significantly higher than avarage across the board.

DCA-ROCguy:

I have heard IAD in the past, but i wouldnt hold my breath. since we arent gonna open as many stations this year, and with the whole UA/USairways gimick, that one might be on the "long term" list.

but then again...you never know  Big grin

N509JB

AeroGlobeAir7

Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:27 pm

Kansas City anytime soon? It's been awhile since I've seen an Airbus, and I think Vanguard is getting good load factors on the MCI-LGA service at the moment, competing with Midwest Express. I bet there are people here in the KCMetro area that would like to JFK service so they can connect to International destinations overseas easier. I would prefer to have Vanguard and Midwest Express stick around  Smile/happy/getting dizzy, but maybe you could add some more color to our already colorful airport  Smile.

Matt D

Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:00 am

There's a real winner of a thought process:

"Let's begin serving XYZ because they don't have any Airbus service there."

"Or maybe they need a new color to show up because the existing variety is not aesthetically pleasing to the plane spotters there."

Forget about such petty and frivolous secondary reasons such as whether or not there will be a substantial customer base in the region.

Trvlr

Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:04 am

God, this is killing me. jB is toying with SAN way too much. So what is it? Yes? No? Maybe? Delta and American gouge us too much. Please come soon!!!

Aaron G.

MaxPowers

Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:33 am

I LOVE YOU JET BLUE, YOUR SAVING MY HOME TOWN!!!
SYRACUSE SUCKS FOR AIR TRAVEL.
CHarles Everete (SP?) is the worst airport cominisher(SP?)ever! It took him soooo long to get a cheap airline to come in and didn't protect the traveler when tickets were 800-900 yes those are right from SYRACUSE NY TO BW INTERNATIONAL! Picture that. KICK THAT DORK OUT!

"DOH"
Max Powers

DTW/ORD Fan!

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:36 am

I hope JetBlue comes to Grand Rapids Michigan! GRR is growing swiftly, and our number one destination is NEW YORK CITY!!! Right now, there are only 64 seats daily to NY-LGA. CO EX will begin twice daily in May, but that is still not much. We need low fares here in Grand Rapids, too!!

DCA-ROCguy

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:49 am

Dear Max,

Before consigning the SYR airport manager to the fate of the Black Knight in Monty Python ("It's only a flesh wound," consider....

SYR is a smaller market than either Rochester or Buffalo. In regard to low fare carriers:

JetBlue went where the pax and money was first, and still fulfilled their promise to be at SYR within 18 months of operation.

WN picked ALB for its location--juncture 87/90--and BUF for its size and location (proximity to both Southern Ontario (muchos hermanos) and Rochester). ROC got screwed on that one, but maybe not for long. WN is doing great in Upstate NY and probably could make piles of money at all four major Upstate airports.

AirTran picked BUF for all of above reasons. Vanguard the same.

Rochester also has the feisty Rep. Louise Slaughter. When I asked her how we got JetBlue so soon, she looked me in the eye and said, "I made them." I don't doubt it. They wanted her to support JFK slots? Rochester had better be an early destination. Period. I disagree w her on most issues and have never voted for her (I'm a conservative Republican and very pro-life) but she's our lady on airline issues.

Jim Walsh (who I would vote for) could take lessons from her in this regard.

Meanwhile, all upstate NY airports need to get on ATA's case about flights to Chicago. They probably are on ATA's case and I haven't heard.

Take heart, Max. Relief is coming to Upstate including SYR. SYR has a bad demographic and geographic hand in the matter which isn't SYR's fault.
And don't forget Max--write all these airlines, and Walsh, and local govt, and newspaper columns yourself. I do these things for ROC. We Upstaters need to be noisy wheels. :+)

Jim

RoastedNutz

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:51 am

Any chance of some service to Butte, Montana??? How about Fargo, ND?

CactusA319

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:55 am

N509JB:

Hey man, why don't hook a brother up over there at JetBlue, know what I'm sayin'?  Wink/being sarcastic

CactusA319
Fan of hooking a brother up
Fan of jetBlue

DCA-ROCguy

Fri Feb 23, 2001 6:03 am

Dear Max,

Before consigning the SYR airport manager to the fate of the Black Knight in Monty Python ("It's only a flesh wound," consider....

SYR is a smaller market than either Rochester or Buffalo. In regard to low fare carriers:

JetBlue went where the pax and money was first, and still fulfilled their promise to be at SYR within 18 months of operation.

WN picked ALB for its location--juncture 87/90--and BUF for its size and location (proximity to both Southern Ontario (muchos hermanos) and Rochester). ROC got screwed on that one, but maybe not for long. WN is doing great in Upstate NY and probably could make piles of money at all four major Upstate airports.

AirTran picked BUF for all of above reasons. Vanguard the same.

Rochester also has the feisty Rep. Louise Slaughter. When I asked her how we got JetBlue so soon, she looked me in the eye and said, "I made them." I don't doubt it. They wanted her to support JFK slots? Rochester had better be an early destination. Period. I disagree w her on most issues and have never voted for her (I'm a conservative Republican and very pro-life) but she's our lady on airline issues.

Jim Walsh (who I would vote for) could take lessons from her in this regard.

Meanwhile, all upstate NY airports need to get on ATA's case about flights to Chicago. They probably are on ATA's case and I haven't heard.

Take heart, Max. Relief is coming to Upstate including SYR. SYR has a bad demographic and geographic hand in the matter which isn't SYR's fault.
And don't forget Max--write all these airlines, and Walsh, and local govt, and newspaper columns yourself. I do these things for ROC. We Upstaters need to be noisy wheels. :+)

Jim

Fri Feb 23, 2001 6:48 am

Jim i think you need to be our representitive ROC. You sure do know what we need.

Eric

Pilot1113

Fri Feb 23, 2001 7:16 am

>>since we arent gonna open as many stations this
>>year

I thought that jetBlue was adding 10 cities per year? At least that that what their press release said. They're going to announce a new city every 5 weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Also, any guess when they're coming to either Providence (PVD), Boston (BOS), or Indianapolis (IND)?

- Neil Harrison

DCA-ROCguy

Fri Feb 23, 2001 9:24 am

<>

Er, I meant *squeaky* wheels. As in the kind that gets the grease. :+)

Thanks Eric for the suggestion. I would love to have Slaughter's job but love studying (and soon, I hope, teaching) theology even more. BTW, I had the conversation with her aboard a DCA-ROC US 737-300 last Christmas. I've probably been on the same plane with Slaughter more than once and not realized it, because I'm usually so busy pointing my camera out the window. :+)

Jim

Goku

Fri Feb 23, 2001 9:33 am

ANY CAHNCE AT ALL JETBLUE WILL COME TO PHL???

UA757

Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:02 pm

Right on trvlr! Southwest needs some real competition.

-Brett S.

AeroGlobeAir7

Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:10 pm

Matt D,

I included some good reasons for MCI service in the post. I know just as well as you and everyone else on here that SOME of my thoughts weren't good reasons for service. I'm on here to express my thoughts about aviation and I would appreciate it if no one made derogatory comments about them. I'm sure you have you're own thoughts about an airline, similar to my thoughts about JetBlue, and I haven't criticized you for it, nor would I if I had the chance. I simply stated that I would sometime like to see a JetBlue aircraft here in Kansas City (because everyone likes to see something new every once in a while). Along with the convenience of not having to take a bus to JFK to connect with an International flight after arriving at LGA, and Midwest Express and Vanguard's profitability on the Kansas City to New York route, the latter being good reasons, the ones before being more like extra little comments. Thank you for your time.

roberson

Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:32 pm

When is DEN service planned to start?

XFSUgimpLB41X

Tallahassee..Tallahassee...

Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:51 pm

Yep...pleeeease come here. We need some cheap fares in this crappy little town of ours...it costs 250 one way to atlanta...good gosh....
Chicks dig winglets.

Fri Feb 23, 2001 7:17 pm

JetBlue recently added PHL to their planned service. I'm guessing they will since American Eagle and TWE stopped service on the route in 12-2000.

Sat Feb 24, 2001 12:14 am

Long-hauls to Seattle, San Diego and Denver (while popular and fantastic cities in their own right) from JFK, are not wise business decisions (in this poster's opinion).

There is a whole host of cities within 1-3 hrs of JFK that make better choices. One roundtrip to Seattle, for 200 or so passengers, is 10 hrs of aircraft utilization. In the same time that aircraft could fly multiple RTs to high-fare cities all across the eastern seaboard.

Ontario and Oakland, are niche markets that are exceptions to above comments. What works there for jetBlue, may not be as rosey (or as satisfying) in the other places.

sushka

Sat Feb 24, 2001 12:20 am

Has Jetblue gotten their new A320 orders yet?
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

Sat Feb 24, 2001 12:32 am

Sushka, no JetBlue has not received their A320 orders yet and is exectuing their 20 flights daily schedule with a fleet of Fairchild Metroliners and a leased prototype A380 from GATX.

TheCroupier, I disagress with your estimate. It is the opinion of this poster that JetBlue's sucess to OAK and ONT clearly shows that there is a demand for low-cost transcon flights from JFK. Also, JetBlue's profit margin is much higher on long flights than on short hops, plane burns fuel less and overhead is spread out over a longer time. Also, you made the point of aircraft utilization, well the first OAK and ONT flights were red-eyes operated all night when the planes would otherwise be asleep at JFK or one of the east coast stations. I would assume that any new west coast service (such as SEA and DEN) would also be these red-eyes, just as OAK, ONT, and SLC are now. You may have read that JetBlue is adding a 2x daily to OAK and ONT, this means that yes one aircraft will have to be devoted to each route to fly both R/Ts, but the DEN, SLC, and SEA flights can be flown with already owned aircraft that will come back to New York around 6 or 7 pm from their daily rotation, fill up, fly 5 hours to the west, drop pax off around 9 or 10, fill up again, fly back east, and drop pax off around 6 or 7am, and be cleaned in order to again fly the daily rotation up and down the eastern seaboard.

rgds
russ

PS: Just checked fares at JetBlue.com, these transcons are not cheap, last minute flights are 500 bucks and ones 2 months in advance are around 300. Not bad.

N509JB
Topic Author

More Answers

Tue Feb 27, 2001 10:17 pm

i think its just hard to get a slot into SAN. we'd love to go there.

havent heard anything about PVD or IND. BOS id have to say no to, at least not for a while. Tallahassee wont happen. the only other florida city we are interested in is jacksonville.

i havent heard a thing about PHL, i really doubt it, but that would be great for me as my family is there.

cactus: if we ever fly to MDW, ill put in a good word for you. ive been known to hook a brother up.  Big grin

N509JB

CactusA319

Wed Feb 28, 2001 12:37 am

N509JB

Actually I meant up in NY at HQ if there's anything open for a recently graduated college student  Wink/being sarcastic

I'm not gonna wait for them to come here!  Laugh out loud

Pilot1113

Wed Feb 28, 2001 1:49 am

>>Just checked fares at JetBlue.com, these transcons
>>are not cheap, last minute flights are 500 bucks and
>>ones 2 months in advance are around 300. Not bad.

That $500 ticket is more than half the ones that I've seen last minute to jetBlue destinations. If I was faced with buying either a $1,500 ticket and get crammed in roach next to some fat, sweaty guy and some lady with a screaming kid or a $500 ticket (with maybe the same people next to me) to watch DirecTV, hum....???

- Neil Harrison

Trvlr

SAN

Wed Feb 28, 2001 6:37 am

N509JB: I don't think you would have a problem getting a slot at SAN, although I am not quite sure what you are referring to (like the cost or the availability?). I am pretty sure that now there is ample airspace for a daytime flight to and from SAN, and probably a red-eye as well.

I would think the biggest problem you would have at SAN is gate space, especially if you want to do a red-eye. At night almost every gate is full, and I dont think the airlines in the newer terminal 2 (which is where you would want to go) would be too willing to give some up.

Just my thoughts...

Aaron G.

alexinwa

Wed Feb 28, 2001 9:44 am

Whats the bid deal about JetBlue??? I live in Seattle, I fly to JFK, But I will still fly Delta or AA with a 757 rather than a JetBlue 320. Direct TV?? So!!! Leather seats?? Still doesnt help my butt from hurting after sitting for 5 and a half hours. Whats the seat pitch??? Im 6'3", will I get more leg room? Every airline that flies this route will match any JetBlue fare. We have CO, UA, AA, and DL already. I think it is a bad choice for JetBlue. Miles members with the big airlines arent gonna be swayed and there isnt enough leisure travel to support it.
You mad Bro???

N509JB
Topic Author

Ok...here We Go Again...

Wed Feb 28, 2001 11:07 pm

to alezinwa:

Whats the bid deal about JetBlue??? I live in Seattle, I fly to JFK, But I will still fly Delta or AA with a 757 rather than a JetBlue 320.

(and youll pay twice as much too)

Direct TV?? So!!!

(uh, hello? its free. dont know about you, but id be insulted if u have to pay top dollar for my ticket and then had to pay $5 for a headset....you seem to be the only one who doesnt like this)

Leather seats?? Still doesnt help my butt from hurting after sitting for 5 and a half hours. Whats the seat pitch??? Im 6'3", will I get more leg room?

(both seat pitch and leg room are more than generous)

Every airline that flies this route will match any JetBlue fare.

(of course, but can they afford it? look, they are already matching our fares in other markets. they cant match our a/c and they cant match the experience.)

We have CO, UA, AA, and DL already.

(so does TPA, MCO, FLL, JFK, SLC, BUF and ROC and we are doing just fine there)

I think it is a bad choice for JetBlue. Miles members with the big airlines arent gonna be swayed and there isnt enough leisure travel to support it.

(thats cool, you are intitled to your opinion. but rest asured, this wasnt decided with out being thought out. i realize there are a lot of "boeing-loyal" travelers there. but, no one said it was a "big deal". im just keeping people posted who want to know. its a new airline coming to your area...that all. no reason to slam us here. chill.)

N509JB

ps cactus: we'll talk in LA and ill see who you need to talk to.