Tg 747-300
Topic Author

Would It Survive?

Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:28 pm

Yesterday we had a topic about nw US airlines, and who you think will survive and die.
So I'm wondring if you think my startup airline (just in my mind ofcourse) would have survived in todays aviation "wars"

The name would have been: Globe Air Norway, and they would hav opperated out of OSL with One 743 (pax), one 743M (combi) and 2-4 Dc9-30/40/or50 (could also bee 717 or 732's)

The main routs will be OSL-NYC-SFO-SYD-BKK-OSL (flied in bothe directions: OSL-NYC... and OSL-BKK...)
And maybe some other flights to popular destinations.

The DC9's would hav been used on feeder flights from MAin cities in Europe, and they would fly the pax to and from the OSL hub.

Pax could fly all kind of leg's like SFO-BKK or just OSL-NYC etc, and the price on the feeder flights would dcrease when the lenght on the main leg increased (hope you understand whtaI mean)

It would bee two or three calsses with good leromm and service (maybe only mainscreen entertainment in coach)
The seating in the 743 coach would hopefully have been 3-4-2 (but 3-4-3 is also possible)

I would like to hear your comments on this idea (as said before it is only an idea in my head)

Tg 747-300  Smile

intentionally left blank

kmia

RE: Would It Survive?

Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:36 pm

An airline-ceo told me once: if you want to make a million $ profit in the airline business, you have to start with a billion $ !!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

SK A340

Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:37 pm

It'll be hard on the OSL-NYC route. SAS flies that and with a 763. Do you really think you kan fill a 743?

I don't know about the other 743 flight but I also think the flights from Europe to OSL will be hard to fill because of SAS (and perhaps Braathens).

But I like your thoughts. I really like SAS and the norwegians and the danish but I would also like that Sweden had its "own" airline.

Tg 747-300
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:03 pm

My thaughts was a kind of round the world airline with hub in osl

tg 747-300
intentionally left blank

sr176

Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:37 pm

Sorry, but no chance to survive a single month. The reasons:

743 is far too big
no traffic rights between BKK and SFO (which airlines does successfully offer it ?)
DC9 / 732 too high in fuel consumption and noise
F - class is something only for well established airlines

Tg 747-300
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:55 pm

The cities i mentioned is just examples, and could have been other. (the point is that onle flight sholud serve cities all over the world on a round trip, and it's the round the world trip consept I'm interested to hear what you think about)

tg 747-300
intentionally left blank

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos