Air Transat To Mexico

Sat Feb 24, 2001 5:19 am

I will be flying on an Air Transat flight from YHZ-Cancun Mexico in April and I am trying to find out what type of aircraft I will be flying on, but for some reason the website won't tell me...is there anybody out there who has been on this flight or knows what type of aircraft it will be?

RE: Air Transat To Mexico

Sat Feb 24, 2001 6:21 am

I am willing to bet its gonna be a 757. Call the airline, and confirm the flight, date, tickets etc... Ask what type of equipment. Post your findings, I am curious and want to see if I am correct.

gmonney

Sat Feb 24, 2001 8:44 am

I know from YYZ they take the L-1011 down to cancun. Check out this web site, http://www.flightarrivals.com on the day that your flight is, example if its a tuesday flight, get on to the site when the flight has taken off and then search for it, it usually shows in small print the aircraft type.

Hope that helps,

G
Drive it like you stole it!

matt

Sat Feb 24, 2001 9:46 am

It will be a 757. All the flights out of YHZ are on 757s for the winter, except the Thursday flight to MCO (Orlando). I'm flying YHZ-PUJ (Punta Cana) next week. Read the post under the "Canada's worst airline" heading in which I talk about tight scheduling at Air Transat. On some flights out of Halifax, they've had to use Royal aircraft to catch up...

For your info, here's the 757's schedule out of YHZ for the winter:

Mon. : YHZ-CUN-YHZ / YHZ-POP-YHZ
Tue. : YHZ-PIE-YHZ / YHZ-VRA-CMW-YHZ
Wed. : YHZ-YYT / YYT-PIE-YYT / YYT-POP-YYT
Thu. : YYT-YHZ / YHZ-HOG-YHZ / YHZ-PVR-YHZ
Fri. : YHZ-AVI-YHZ / YHZ-CUN-YHZ
Sat. : YHZ-POP-YHZ / YHZ-PUJ-YHZ
Sun. : YHZ-VRA-YHZ / YHZ-PUJ-YHZ

A lot of work for one single airplane!
Next flights: YQM-YYZ-YOW v.v. / YQM-CUN v.v. / YQM-YUL-YWG v.v. / YSJ-YYZ-SEA-SFO / SFO-YYZ-YOW-YQM / YQM-YYZ-MUC-TXL /