How To Take A Flight On Specific A/C?

Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:06 am

Hello all. I'm new here, and I hope this isn't an old question you've been bugged with repeatedly:

What would be the best way to find a flight, on one of the major US carriers, if you wanted to search by aircraft? Is there someplace to find full flight schedules, that would include the aircraft type? So far, I've been just plugging dates and cities into the various carriers and Internet travel sites, and shaking the dice.

Thanks in advance.  Smokin cool

Shawn Patrick

RE: How To Take A Flight On Specific A/C?

Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:17 am

United, American, Continental, and NWA/KLM all have free, downloadable "electronic timetables" where you can search for flights, including a/c type. These timetables contain most codeshare flights, also.

There is a mega-timetable, which has most major airlines' schedules, however you have to pay $$$.

For these downloadable timetables, go to http://www.traveldesk.com, or the specific airline's website.

Hope this helps!

-Shawn Patrick

slawko

Thu Mar 01, 2001 8:23 am

If you are looking for a specific plane i.e. specific registration...you are out of luck unless you work for the airline.
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

PHLflyer

Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:58 am

You are NOT out of luck unless you work for an airline. Just try booking your ticket through a Travel Agent, they have the same computers the airlines do, and they can tell you which type of aircraft will be flying on a route.

The aircraft, can be subject to change, but it does not happen that frequently.

You can also post where you are interested going, and on what type of aircraft and one of the many registered users here who have access to an Airlines CRS, willl be glad to assist you.

boyshane

Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:54 am

Here is a useful website I use:

http://www.itn.net

American Express Travel... you get to choose what airline, what aircraft, and it lets you choose your own seats where you would like to sit on that aircraft. TWA uses this, I think it's great!

Laterz,
Shane