johnboy

Trickery At LAX/TBIT!

Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:03 am

I recently read in the local newsrag that Iranian nationals have been arrested while soliciting donations at the Tom Bradley Intl Terminal at LAX. If you've been here, you know who I'm talking about -- the men and women who come up to passengers all over the Departures level of the terminal, with photographs of diseased/starving/maimed people. They specialized in getting donations from Asians awaiting flights from Los Angeles.

And.... get this.... sent MILLIONS of $$$ back to the Middle East to fund terrorist organizations!

I've tried in vain to find this story again. I read it a couple of days ago, and i'm pretty sure i'm of sound mind and not hallucinating. Can anyone help here?

So boys and girls...watch out to whom you donate money these days, especially at the airport. You just might have funded that pipe bomb somewhere out there.

Now if they can just do something about those Latino Pentecostal "nurses" standing at the escalators in Terminal 2 at LAX.........

Kind of makes you pine for the Hare Krishnas "giving away" copies of the Bhagavad Gita doesn't it?  Wink/being sarcastic

lax2000

RE: Trickery At LAX/TBIT!

Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:06 am

I really miss the Hare Krishnas!!!!!

Matt D

RE: Trickery At LAX/TBIT!

Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:09 am

Don't worry about the Hare Krishnas. They can still be found at LAX in abundance, particularly in terminals 1 and 6.