AmtrakGuy
Topic Author

Seat Pinch On Delta

Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:18 am

Last January, I flew Delta Express to FLL. I realized the seat pinch is really narrow...how much is it? I have flew both SWA and MetroJet and don't recalled the seating arrangements were that bad compared to DLX.

Also, I recalled on Delta's mainline, the coach seating arrangement are similiar. Is this common?

Thanks...this been in my mind and sorry, I didn't ask before.
Dave

JohnFKelly

RE: Seat Pinch On Delta

Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:29 am

The seat pitch on Delta is harrible, just harrible. Narrow would not be the term, but there isn't a trace of legroom.

Metrojet and Southwest are better, but if you're ever on the West Coast I might have a different suggestion.

BTW, there is absolutely no significance in my frequent trips to Atlanta, nor of the presence of Delta pilolts in our pilot training training facilities.

---JFK

deltairlines

RE: Seat Pinch On Delta

Sun Mar 04, 2001 12:00 pm

Delta says that Express aircraft have a pitch of 30-32 inches, which is an inch less than mainline Delta, and up to six inches less than Delta Shuttle's roomy 36 inch 738s.

Jeff