A Solution To These Strikes

Sun Mar 04, 2001 11:13 am

I've been reading about all of these strikes from the last few years.
evidently, the airlines didn't learn the lesson I taught when those pesky air traffic controllers went on strike!

Fire them. And then we won't have to worry about strikes anymore. All of these highfalutin' pilots, F/A's, and mechanics should be bidding for jobs instead of making these outrageous demands.
After all, they are working these prestigious jobs at the airlines.

RE: A Solution To These Strikes

Sun Mar 04, 2001 11:34 am

Wouldn't it be easier to just sell the company instead of dealing with all these labor problems?
 Acting devilish

deltairlines

Sun Mar 04, 2001 12:29 pm

I think that is illegal, firing people for being in unions.

Jeff

deltairlines

Sun Mar 04, 2001 12:30 pm

At least Bush has said he won't allow these strikes to interfere with school holidays.

Jeff

cicadajet

Sun Mar 04, 2001 12:41 pm

Personally I'd hate to see alot of stricter anti-labor legislation, severe penalties, etc... I know management and ownership are often unfair, greedy, incompetent etc..so I am often sympathetic to labor...its the system we have.
Yet, and this may sound very hypocritical...(.I've worked in both union and management..). to be honest, starting from scratch, IF I owned a business and it became unionized, all things being equal, I would just as soon as see it go out of business because of all the bs that eventually goes along with it.

Sun Mar 04, 2001 4:22 pm

OOOPS!!

Wrong thread. I thought I was going to find a creative idea for solving the airline strike problem, but all I found was a raving lunatic!?!

So sorry...