JAT
Topic Author

JAT DC-10 Update

Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:24 am

JAT's one and only DC-10 (YU-AMB) has undergone a major overhaul (heavy maintinance). This is the first time such a job has been done by JAT at it's hangar in Belgrade. In the past the plane was either sent to Switzerland or Italy where Swissair or Alitalia did the work. By doing themselves, JAT has saved millions of dollars. The over-haul is almost finished, all that is left now is for the DC-10 to fly to Rome where it will have one of it's engines replaced. I read this information in "Glas Javnosti" a Yugoslav daily.

Also, (I can not personally confirm this as I do not know where it came from, I read it on a message board, it looked like an article from a newspaper) the seating arrangement has been changed from 271 to 308. The reason being that the plane will be used, as soon as it returns from Rome, on flights between Nigeria and Mecca to transport Muslims to the pilgrimage. In an all economy arrangement it seems. This job should apparently make JAT around a million dollars. After this (betweem May 15 and June 1) the DC-10 should start flights to New York and later Toronto and Chicago.

---------------------------------------------------

Good news I guess, if it happens.

close2LAX

RE: JAT DC-10 Update

Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:37 am

So, they are flying to US after, what, ten years or so?

JAT
Topic Author

RE: JAT DC-10 Update

Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:56 am

Closer to 9 years, they were banned in 1992.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos