767-300ER
Topic Author

American Airlines

Fri Apr 30, 1999 9:15 am

Hello everyone! I am flying American Airlines from Dallas to Sao Paulo in June on the mighty 767-300ER. A 10 hour 56 minute flight. What should I expect service wise, do they give meal options? Do they have tvs in each of the seats in economy? Also I have seat 26A to and from Sao Paulo are those good seats? Thanks for all responses

RE: American Airlines

Sat May 01, 1999 2:37 am

Go to AA's Website, & you will see seat diagrams for all AA planes. You should have full infllight service on AA to Sao Paulo. Have a great trip.

AA727

Sat May 01, 1999 6:37 am

Hi I'm Ben,
I always fly American.
Yes sure you will have meal options even in economy. Even in economy on a short two hour flight you have meal options! Have you read my post "Back from my trip"? If you haven't you should, I describe in detail my most recent flights and I explain the new interiors on American. I had the new seats on a 767-200 so chances are you will have them on the 300ER. I love the 767-300ER.
Have a nice trip.

Ben Soriano
American Airlines Gold AAdvantage member
Brussels Belgium

Sat May 01, 1999 4:31 pm

As great as the new AA interior is, I will point out once again that American's timescale for refurbishing all of its 767's is to finish in 2004. Many of them have the new interiors, many others do not.

767-300ER
Topic Author

Sun May 02, 1999 8:27 am

IS THE SEAT 26J A GOOD SPOT IN THE PLANE, IN GENERAL?

Dazed767

Sun May 02, 1999 11:21 am

Seat 26A is a window seat, but I think you might be over the wing, which won't leave you with a good view.

Mon May 03, 1999 12:56 pm

First of all I am sorry for those of you that don´t agree with me...
In my experience I don´t like American Airlines in fact I avoid to travel with American. Why? I flew last summer (1998) from Mexico City to Buenos Aires Argentina doing a stop in Miami It was a 13 hours flight. And it was horrible! It was a 767 and I was seated on 11 A the audio service didn´t worked at all. The movie was bored and they didnt have enough headsets for everyone. I asked for an Aspirin and they said me that they have only Pepto Bismol. The food was terrible and when I asked for more Coca Cola they told me that I waited for dinner. The Lavatories didn´t have any soap for the hands. And when we arrive to Buenos Aires they gave us our

Mon May 03, 1999 12:56 pm

First of all I am sorry for those of you that don´t agree with me...
In my experience I don´t like American Airlines in fact I avoid to travel with American. Why? I flew last summer (1998) from Mexico City to Buenos Aires Argentina doing a stop in Miami It was a 13 hours flight. And it was horrible! It was a 767 and I was seated on 11 A the audio service didn´t worked at all. The movie was bored and they didnt have enough headsets for everyone. I asked for an Aspirin and they said me that they have only Pepto Bismol. The food was terrible and when I asked for more Coca Cola they told me that I waited for dinner. The Lavatories didn´t have any soap for the hands. And when we arrive to Buenos Aires they gave us our baggage till 20 minutes after we get out of the plane because the luggage compartment didn´t wanted to open. If I were you I would do this:
United Airlines from Dallas to Miami and then take the 777 from United to São Paulo or from there take the 747 of Varig (Why you don´t try a brazilian airline? And feel that LatinAmerican warm?) Or in a better case try this: Aeroméxico 757 (if it´s in code share you fly with Delta) from DFW then Aeroméxico´s 767 from México City to São Paulo non stop or you can choose the second flight but with one stop in Lima. These flights are daily.
P.S. AA doesnt have tvs in every seat in economy

RE: American Airlines: Joaquin

Tue May 04, 1999 4:21 am

American does, in fact, have many aircraft that have tv's at every economy seat. While it is true that not all of the planes are so equipped, it takes time to upgrade things.

CV990

Tue May 04, 1999 7:01 am

Dear friend. I can't really tell you much about AA 767-300 but I can tell this - I flew on a BA 767-300 ( with Rolls-Royce, those engines really sing to your ears!!! ) from NYC to LGW and it was one of my best flights ever had, the 767 is really a neat wide body plane and I'm sure you're gonna love it no matter what seat you have.
Good trip and after you come tell me about it!
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

RE: 767-300

Tue May 04, 1999 9:04 am

Forget about the flight for one minute. What matters when you go to Brazil is the destination itself. I ate at a restaurant in Rio on a recent trip that was the most pleasurable dining experience of my life. The name is Porcao (big pig) and they have one in Sao Paolo as well. $25 all you can eat grilled steak and seafood served off of giant spits right at your table. Try the parmesan encrusted filet mignon. Sweet Jesus, I'm drooling at the memory! And I drool even more when I remember the women- some of the most beautiful and LIBERATED women I've ever met. That's what I want to hear about when you get back. Not what kind of crappy ass chicken or lasagna they fed you in coach.