MEA
Topic Author

QANTAS' Revamped Internet Site

Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:51 pm

Qantas Launches Revamped Website
SYDNEY, 6 March 2001:

Qantas has launched its new look qantas.com.au web site which has been upgraded for faster, more efficient on-line service.

Qantas Executive General Manager Sales and Distribution, John Borghetti, said the new design reflected the significant improvements in functionality and content incorporated in the site since it was last redesigned in 1997.

“Research has told us that our customers have very specific patterns of on-line behaviour, and we have structured the site to accommodate those patterns and lead customers quickly through the most popular areas,” he said.
Mr Borghetti said visitors to the web site typically were most interested in searching for flight information, and booking flights, packages and Frequent Flyer awards.

“The most popular pages are now more accessible straight from the home page – for example, our Internet-only Red e-deal fares and flight availability are accessed with one click,” he added.

"The latest special fares, and Frequent Flyer information and services are also amongst the most popular areas of qantas.com.au”

Mr Borghetti said a key feature of the new-look site was a more user-friendly navigation system and structure so that visitors to the site could access the areas they wanted in fewer steps.

“We are also able to support better the needs of travellers in overseas regions such as New Zealand, North America and the United Kingdom.

“We believe the new http://www.qantas.com design meets the key needs and requirements of our customers,” he said.

Mr.BA

RE: QANTAS' Revamped Internet Site

Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:58 pm

But hey... I can get to the new revamped website but I can't get back to it the second and third time I went to www.qantas.com

alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

aduum

Tue Mar 06, 2001 11:59 pm

It is damn ugly.

TO much like the other airlines.

I like the older one.

AdUuM

SInGAPORE_AIR

Wed Mar 07, 2001 1:36 am

Total shite. Can I say that? Well the title on the Internet Explorer was alright, but nothing loaded up. Hmmm. A White Screen? Well at least they're not telling lies. It was quite a white revamp.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

cedarjet

Wed Mar 07, 2001 1:40 am

It loaded up OK but it didn't thrill me. Extra pages don't really cost any extra, why don't airlines have more about their fleet (photos etc), history etc?

The QF site is dull - MEA have 9 planes, five A310s and four A320/321s, hardly a Qantas. But their site is just as good/bad. Just like every other airline site I can think of. An airline with the size/importance/history like QF should be able to do much more than this. Zzzzz.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos