Western737
Topic Author

Registeration Search

Wed Mar 07, 2001 4:46 am

I dont know if it was asked before... Is there any good website where I can look up the registeration of all civil aircrafts?

For instance, when I was looking thru list of production of DC-9's and when it mentioned ex-____ such as N3315L, JA5555, etc,... There are some registeration I have no idea which operator it was and would like to find out where it comes from. Could you help?

Thanks

CV990A

RE: Registeration Search

Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:36 am

www.landings.com has several good search engines for current regs in several countries.
Kittens Give Morbo Gas

Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:33 am

Don't know of anything online, but I would suggest the prodution list books published by The Aviation Hobby Shop in England. There are several volumes:

Jet Airliner Production List Vol 1 - Boeing
Jet Airliner Production List Vol 2 - Other Manufacturers
Turbo Prop Airliner Production List
and if you are interested in the real old guys....
Piston Engine Airliner Production List

With these books you can track the entire history of an airliner. You look up the reg # and it refers you to the construction number of that plane. Then look up the plane by c/n. It will list the entire history of the plane from the date it was delivered. It show dates planes changed owners, were leased out, and reg # changes. For anyone interested in the history of individual airliners, these books are a must.

Richard Silagi

Western737
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2001 12:02 pm

Thanks to both of you. I ll look it up on www.landings.com. By the way, the lists of production books sound perfect - probably will what I want especially for all props aircrafts.

FlagshipAZ

Wed Mar 07, 2001 12:41 pm

Flygga...I have all four of those books. Altho they're 5 years out of date...let me know what you're looking for.
Maybe I can help. Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Wed Mar 07, 2001 1:02 pm

The Boeing book was update late last year and the new Turboprop book just came out. I have both new editions.

Richard

FlagshipAZ

Wed Mar 07, 2001 1:14 pm

Can you me tell how you obtain them??
I would like to update my sources. Thanks & regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Western737
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2001 3:33 am

Just add an information that I thought it was a great site (SC's Airlinerslist.com) to find the registeration and status of all airliners' fleet. I found this site such a worth to dig out. Check it out

http://people.a2000.nl/sverb/