kevin

Misunderstanding Incident In SFO

Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:16 am

An airliner was just to depart San Francisco airport yesterday, when this happened:
A certain man was sitting next to a certain woman and told her she cannot use her mobile phone in the aircraft because this can lead to a catastrophy. She didn't hear him very well, but after "logically" thinking for sometime she deducted that he wants to bomb the whole thing and it will be a catastrophy. She ran and told the story to a crew member, who of course called the security and our man got arrested. But after they knew he was innocent, they boarded him on the next flight.

Hmmm...

ILUV767

RE: Misunderstanding Incident In SFO

Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:36 am

Intersting.

Do you know what airline and where the plane was going to?

tupolev154b2

Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:40 am

The guy did a smart thing and possibly saved many lives...

I Like To Fly

Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:44 am

How old was this woman? lol Must have really bad hearing to do that. Kind of weird she didn't bother to say something to ask him about it. Whenever someone says something I can't believe I always act like I didn't hear it the first time and have them repeat it, especially if it were something like that.

On the other hand she might have been scared shitless and was probably afraid of flying anyway. People who don't like to fly get a little nuts in a plane. Thinking you heard the plane was going to blow up, well, lets just say I've seen people freak about a overhead been open during takeoff. If that same person thought the plane was going to blow - I would bet they would do the same.

Or the guy could have been lying to get out of what he really said?

Interesting article  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

OH-LGA

Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:05 am

It was NW0052 from SFO to DTW, 8:20am scheduled departure time.
Head in the clouds... yet feet planted firmly on the ground.

RayChuang

Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:25 am

From what I heard, they put the inconvenienced passenger on the next SFO-DTW flight, put him up in Business class, and gave him triple frequent flyer miles as compensation for the mess.