Southwest's New C/S Now In Ads

Wed Mar 14, 2001 2:44 am

Many of you know me as the biggest Southwest apologist on this board, but I am now going to do something completely out of character--criticize Herb & Co.

As I was driving past Love Field the other day, I noticed one of the many Southwest billboards sported a plane in the new color scheme as part of the familiar logo. I saw this again watching some sporting event last night. Just then, it struck me: I HATE the new color scheme. Not just mildly dislike it, I really, truly hate it, so much so that I have a violent physical reaction when I see it replace the corny dog on the advertisement logo.

For some reason, I did not have this reaction until I saw it on a billboard, but now that it has replaced the old color scheme on advertisements, I feel compelled to speak up. I know that feelings about the new color scheme have been aired ad nauseum on this board, so I apologize for any redundancy, but has anybody else seen the new paint job infiltrate the ad campaign and had similar feelings?

Matt D

RE: Southwest's New C/S Now In Ads

Wed Mar 14, 2001 3:19 am

No.

Dexter

Wed Mar 14, 2001 5:52 am

If this is the new livery:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Michael Carter

all i could say is that its MUCH better than the old one (it just looks way too "old" to me). Modern, progressive airlines (which I think SW is) are not meant to have liveries like that. They got to have a fresh, modern look, but not this strange brown color:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Konstantin Von Wedelstaedt

chepos

Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:06 am

I actually like the new color scheme . In my opinion both the old and new colors are very nice . SW is a progressive carrier and the new colorscheme shows that . I think that these new colors are the best . GO SW .
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

redngold

RE: WN_boy

Wed Mar 14, 2001 7:49 am

WN_boy... We're going to have to get used to it. Think about it this way... most artists would strongly disagree with anything blue and red, because those are considered complementary colors that clash too much to be "pretty." (Please don't flame me about the U.S. flag!) So what Wn is doing is pretty outrageous in general. Hopefully it will be good in the long run. Hey, at least they didn't go to some drab white-based c/s, or heaven forbid another airline in blue and gray!

redngold
Up, up and away!

boeingrulz

Wed Mar 14, 2001 7:56 am

I have seen the new TV ads and they are great. The adverts show someone doing a painting of the South Western landscape with a new SW jet flying across the canvas. The adverts affectively communicate the "new palette of colors" as it symbolizes a new spirit for a new century.

I just saw the livary in person for the first time this week, and I really love the colors. Photographs do not really show how rich the blue is and how well it goes with the red.

Carolyn

deltairlines

Wed Mar 14, 2001 9:18 am

I used to hate it (as I did with DL, my favourite colourscheme), but now I love it. Can't wait to see it at MHT.

Jeff

BlatantEcho

Wed Mar 14, 2001 10:28 am

First images were REALLY bad, they did no justice and I was like most people wondering what on this green earth they were doing. Seeing more pictures, larger and sharper pictures... the new WN c/s is just perfect for them. Represents a much more modern look and looks great on their 737s

BlatantEcho
They're not handing trophies out today