Business Vs. First Class

Sat Mar 17, 2001 5:13 am

Hi Everyone!

I am thinking about flying business class this summer to England and was wondering what is really the difference between first and business. Are the meals similar? I will be flying a US airline over. What is the service like? If anyone can help, that would be great.

RE: Business Vs. First Class

Sat Mar 17, 2001 6:11 am

Well for a start i would fly with BA if they fly from your airport, they will proberely have the new Club World Sleaper Seat installed! They try not to let First class passengers see it though because they would get kinda pissed paying twice as much for only a miner upgrade in the service. Fly BA.
Dan Valentine - Bad Ass MOFO Photographer
Early Air

Sat Mar 17, 2001 12:42 pm

I would agree to fly BA. They have that new sleeper seat in Business class, a lot of airlines dont even have that in first class! Usually, the first class seat is a little larger, not a big difference in the food, better service, lounge access, quicker boarding, quicker check in, nicer cabin ect..

Early Air

Sat Mar 17, 2001 1:02 pm

If the aircraft has sleeper seats in first, there is a big difference. I find that being able to lie completely flat improves the quality of my sleep enough that I'm actually able to function on arrival and get some work done. The food service is better (restaurant style), with more choices, crystal, china and silverware, with no plastic serving trays (much better choices of cheeses, deserts and liquors). The ratio of flight attendants to passengers is less but with so much time it really doesn't make any difference. If I had to pay for it from my own pocket, and it's for leisure travel, it's not worth the difference (unless you have a very elastic budget).