boyshane

British Airway's Club World Class

Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on flying to London this summer on British Airway's Club World Class and would like your opinions on it. What where the seats like, service, food... etc?

On the website, it really goes into detail but would like to hear you first hand accounts. Yes, both good and bad!!! Do they really have unlimited snacks and keep your glass full?

Also, how is BA's economy, which I will be flying home on?

Thanks!
-Shane

tsully

RE: British Airway's Club World Class

Tue Mar 20, 2001 6:41 pm

I've had a full fare y-class seat on BA: DEN to LGW. The service was fine; the food simple, yet edible and the seats were comfortable enough. If you can change your plans, I would recommend flying HOME in Club World. I know for me, I would rather put up with economy on the way over, and look forward to flying Club on the way home. It's kind of like first owning a BMW and then selling it and buying a Toyota. You see what I mean. I'd rather first drive the Toyota and look forward to my ride in the BMW rather than vice versa.

Just my opinion...and I'm not saying Toyota cars are bad...simply an analogy.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
I love America. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle, but I'd rather be a dog in New York City than a prince in Riyadh.

ryanb741

Tue Mar 20, 2001 6:53 pm

One word - Awesome. Along with SIA it is the best J class around. Food is great, seats are perfect (fully flat beds on some routes, but I have yet to experience these) and great service.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

aussiestu

Tue Mar 20, 2001 8:35 pm

If you are flying with the new bed seats it will be fantastic. They are great. The whole layout is so different to everybody else and who cares about looking backwards. Give me the rest and a nice simple service anytime.

thud

Tue Mar 20, 2001 9:49 pm

As Aussiestu says, the new look is just terrific. Entertainment and food are both top class and the seats, well they are to die for. I't's like taking off in an arm chair. Enjoy...

RIX

Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:50 am

I tried old ClubWorld last year (767, LGW-JFK). Only one thing to add to the previous posts: I don't remember if my plate and glass were always full but I couldn't eat and drink all I got and I didn't eat at home until the next morning!

Greg

Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:57 am

As a student how can you afford to fly Biz Class?
There seem to be a lot of wannabe C-class teenagers on here.

boyshane

Wed Mar 21, 2001 1:25 am

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I've been saving up for the past 4 years to go first or business. I can only afford one way and that's what i'm doing going over and most likely flying back over in Economy. I don't have to worry about lodging because I will be staying with family and my parents are helping me out. It's easier for me now as I am 18.

So they keep you fed? What food do they serve?

Thanks,
Shane

jaysit

Wed Mar 21, 2001 2:45 am

...or do what I did.
Wait until you're 30-something and let some big corporation pick up the tab.
I'd never pay for J class with my own money....too damned expensive !
Atheism is Myth Understood.

morecy

Wed Mar 21, 2001 3:43 am

OK, no offense, but I've never heard of a teenager saving his money so he can fly one-way in Business class. Don't you have a first car you want to buy?

Greg

Wed Mar 21, 2001 7:03 am

I'm with Jaysit...I let my co. pay for my J-class. But even they've gotten tighter restrictions now. There is even some talk about using Y-plus on those carriers that offer it for flights that are less then eight hours.

I'm fortunate that living in Texas my territory is London and Singapore (both over 8)...so I think I'll continue in the middle cabin.

hugo

Wed Mar 21, 2001 1:56 pm

There is no guarantee, but many BA flights are overbooked in the summer - especially out of JFK. If you are lucky and charming, you can get upgraded for free. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. Make sure you treat the agent like you would want to be treated and ask: Is economy overbooked? If it is, it will make me very happy if you choose me to upgrade...The most enjoyable flight in business class is an upgrade. Save your money and take the chance.