Air Taiwan
Topic Author

Lauda, NG Or L4?

Thu Mar 22, 2001 8:46 pm

On the Lufthansa timetable (and the Galileo CRS) some Lauda operated routes come up as L4 (or L9 I forgot...) xxx, why is that??

thanks a lot  Smile

airsicknessbag

RE: Lauda, NG Or L4?

Thu Mar 22, 2001 8:52 pm

NG is the original Austrian Lauda; the Lsomething is Lauda Italia S.p.A.

Daniel Smile

LHSTR

Fri Mar 23, 2001 12:25 am

as far as I know, lauda air austria is basically owned by austrian airlines and lufthansa, with a minor stake with founder niki lauda, while lauda air italy S.p.A. is owned by the lauda foundation(niki lauda) and some italian investors.

there used to be a lot of cooperation going on between lauda air and lauda air italy (a few years ago there was even a lauda air/lufthansa cooperation from MXP to european cities).

does anybody know, if there is still some form of cooperation between the star-alliance owned lauda air austria and the lauda owned lauda airs S.p.A., as there has been some disagreements between niki lauda and austrian airlines, which resulted in lauda leaving the company he founded with anger.

if there are also some problemes between lauda air italy and lauda air austria, it will be interesting to see how lauda air italy handles this situation, as they basically just lost their parent company.

LHSTR

PS: it is a little confusing, but I hope you do understand my question.

Air Taiwan
Topic Author

Sat Mar 24, 2001 12:26 am

so what route does L4 operate?? No trans atlantic I suppose...

johnnybgoode

Sat Mar 24, 2001 2:25 am

if L4 is indeed lauda air italy, than they do serve transatlantic routes, although only charter, afaik.
i saw a lauda air italy 763 last july in cancun before i went back home on a condor 763.
suppose they serve some other caribbean destinations, such as POP, PUJ, SDQ, ...

rgds
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Rickster

Sat Mar 24, 2001 3:47 am

They seem to operate every charterflight (long or shorthault) out of Italy as L4.

Sometimes NG has ferry flights from MXP to VIE and back as L4 and others as NG with some fantasy flight numbers. I couldn´t find out yet why it is this way.

Regards