Can I Join The Forum, I'm New

Sun May 09, 1999 12:01 am

Hi,
I am 757-200's sister, can I join the forum? I like the 757-300 because it is so big, and long. My brother told me this forum is cool, can I join? I am 10 years old, I live in Pocatello, Idaho. I want to be a flight attendant someday.

AA727

RE: Can I Join The Forum, I'm New

Sun May 09, 1999 12:26 am

Of course you can join in this forum, you are welcome. You can talk about anything related to civil aviation, this forum is open to anyone as long as we all keep a cool and relaxed athmosphere.
Thanks for joining us.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium

deltairlines

Welcome!

Sun May 09, 1999 2:21 am

I just want to say welcome to the forum and I hope you find the chat room!!

Jeff
BOS, LGA, LHR, LAX

RE: Welcome!

Sun May 09, 1999 5:35 am

I think its great that more women are joining in in this forum. Hi, I'm Jack and I'm 13.

L1011

Sun May 09, 1999 5:43 am

Glad to have you aboard. I teach 9- and 10-year-olds, and I know how hard it is to get them interested in something. I'm glad to see someone your age is interested in commercial aviation. I was 10 when I became interested in it, way back in 1957. Ask any questions you want, and most of us will be happy to try to answer them. If someone gives you a rude answer, just ignore them and don't take it personally. Most of us are not like that. Again, welcome aboard.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

Sun May 09, 1999 8:30 am

Welcome 757-300! Just a thought: why do you want to be a flight attendant. Why not try and work hard and become a pilot? But, you do whatever you want, but being a pilot could be mighty fun...

RE: Ymq

Sun May 09, 1999 8:43 am

I don't know, it's just what I want to do. I do not think I can handle all thoe little buttons and strange things that look like little clocks. They spin around and I think they're broken. Do they even lit girls be pilots? I don't think so. I like the attendants, they're so nice to me.

Sun May 09, 1999 9:36 am

OF COURSE THEY LET GIRLS BE PILOTS. come on 757-300, you're only 10 years old, you have plenty of time to learn all those things. Sure its a lot of work, but if you feel that you would like to do it, then go for it. There are'nt much girl pilots, but still, others have done it before. I am not saying that being a flight attendant is not OK. What I am saying is do not think that because you are a girl you ought to be a F/A to work in airplanes. Become a F/A if you want to be one but not because you think its not possible for girls to become pilots.

Sun May 09, 1999 9:53 am

Really? Thank you YMQ, what does that stand for anyway? I guess I could be a pilot, but what school do I need to go to to learn what thos things in front of the pilot do? Does it take years to learn, or just a few weeks? And what are those clock, looking, thingys anyway? Are they clocks, or are they those little round thermometers you can by?

Sun May 09, 1999 10:14 am

YMQ: all airports are designated by 3 letters. Canadian airports all -with vey few execptions start with the letter Y; YYZ is Toronto's Lester B. Pearson, YVR is Vancouver's and so on. Montreal, where I live have 2 international airports: YUL (Dorval) and YMX(Mirabel). When you look in an airlines timetable, they often refer to Montreal by using YMQ (Y/Montreal/Quebec). You would also see, for example, Moscou referred to by the letters MOW when the actual airprort code is SVO(Sheremetevo). That's for the YMQ.

Now about what do you do to become a pilot. I am not really qualified to answer that one. But, since there are a couple of pilots on this forum, I am sure one of them will be kind enough to give you all the information you need. For instance, there is Purdue Cadet who is in the process of learning to become a pilot. There is one thing i can tell you, though. It takes a couple of years to get through the whole project. But if you really want to become pilot -and you have to think about this first- the time spent learning will be worthwhile.

Make Your Self Comfortable Here

Sun May 09, 1999 11:47 am

hi 757-300!!

I'm 777Rules and I'm also quite new to this forum, Ive only been here for about 1 1/2 month. I'm 15, so you are possibly the youngest in the forum!

have fun!

Dazed767

Sun May 09, 1999 1:16 pm

Hey, I'm Justin, and 17. I don't remember when I started liking aviation, maybe I was just born liking it. Have fun!

deltairlines

Mon May 10, 1999 12:02 am

And since everyone is debating something, I travel the most here, I travel sometimes 25000 miles in a week. Im a Million Miler on Delta and an Executive Gold on British Airways. Im also (maybe) one of the middle aged ones (27). BUT WHO CARES, ONCE AGAIN WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
BOS, LGA, LHR, LAX

dan

RE: Can I Join The Forum, I'm New

Tue May 11, 1999 2:04 am

Anyone is welcome.

Welcome to the forum, and have fun :-)

Dan