Future Of The Aviation

Sun May 09, 1999 12:50 am

I read on a science magazine that in the future the aircrafts we often flight will be replaced by supersonic aircrafts, uglier and faster. Well, I prefer the aircrafts like they are now. Sometimes the future is not good for the mankind...
I like the Concorde too, but those 757´s and other aircrafts attracts me the most....
what do you thing about it?

I Love 757's!

Sun May 09, 1999 4:21 am

I love the 757! I would very much hate it when Boeing quits making them. Supersonic is okay, but normal planes are better. I fear that the Jet Age is coming to a close, and the Space Age is in it's infancy. I hope that I am not around when the Jet Age ends, that's my future down the tube if it does. :(

757-200

Same Feeling

Sun May 09, 1999 5:26 am

I always fear that too and think the same exact thing, I think that most people at airliners.net agree too. I wonder if I will ever like"my" (757, etc jetliners) old aircraft in the future like my grandpa does.

RE: Future Of The Aviation

Sun May 09, 1999 5:30 am

I agree with you at 100%!
I love the airliners as they are today... I love the 747 and the whole Boeing family... and all the airliners...
I don't really like the Concorde and I think they should leave the airliners as they are now...
well, the only problem is the number of passengers and that it is growing very fast... so I think they should work on the size of the airliners that we have today but not on their speed or to change the way they look totaly...
cause they are great as they are today...

Simon

Sun May 09, 1999 5:51 am

Wouldn't you rather get to HK from NYC in 2-3 hours vs. 16? I like planes too, but not after 16 hours sitting in coach surrounded by snoring drunks and screaming babies. Your fear is misplaced. Space transport will eventually replace long-distance transoceanic jets, but may never really replace continental flights. By the time you reached cruising altitude in near space, you'd be out of the country.

RE: I Love 757's!

Sun May 09, 1999 7:38 am

I love the 757! I would very much hate it when Boeing quits making them. Supersonic is okay, but normal planes are better. I fear that the Jet Age is coming to a close, and the Space Age is in it's infancy. I hope that I am not around when the Jet Age ends, that's my future down the tube if it does. :(

757-200

You´re not alone. Most of people just love airplanes the way they are now. I live in a area that aircrafts are passing by from time to time, like every hour. And I love to watch them. I live in a apartment with a penthouse, and for example, if I am studying downstairs and I hear a plane passing by, I rush upstairs to see it. My friends get amazed when I look at the aircraft, and I say the carrier and the aircraft model. Since I was a little girl that I love aircrafts. During my childhood I always wanted to go to the airport just to see the aircrafts. My dad also likes it, and I think it comes with the genes :))))
Unfortunately in 20 years or less, we´ll have to deal with it. Like, our grandparents lived trough the age of jet-props and early boeings, and maybe they didn´t like the jets we have now. I´m sure our kids will love the supersonics.
I hope Boeing does not start to produce these ugly supersonic jets. Is there anything better than fly those 757s and other aircrafts without get happy? This year I spent my vacations in Sao Paulo and one of the best moments of the trip was actually getting on the plane! My friends think I am going nuts, but I like it!
Before I was into aircrafts (now I am obsessed), I easily got mad of the plane spotters, I complained that they doesn´t have anything better to do. But now I see what they mean when they sit down and watch the planes coming and going. Even my mom laughed at me when I told her that now, when I have my own car, I would go to the airport, grab my Nikon and take some pics :)))

Sun May 09, 1999 7:45 am

Wouldn't you rather get to HK from NYC in 2-3 hours vs. 16? I like planes too, but not after 16 hours sitting in coach surrounded by snoring drunks and screaming babies. Your fear is misplaced. Space transport will eventually replace long-distance transoceanic jets, but may never really replace continental flights. By the time you reached cruising altitude in near space, you'd be out of the country.

I think supersonics should replace ONLY transoceanic flights, like you said, HK to NYC, or Tokyo to London. But NEVER replace flights from NYC to Rio. I agree with you about staying 16 hours sitting on your coach... I stayed 14 hours sitted on the aircraft, from Sao Paulo to LAX, 3 hours more because the 747 had some technical problems and there were a bunch of japaneses, that got me amused during flight... they have a interesting language :)
Let the aircrafts alone! Don´t change what is good.

Our Views

Sun May 09, 1999 8:19 am

Isn't there a way we can contact Boeing and express our views on supersonics? If we truly love aviation the way it is now, we need to contact Boeing and let them know how we feel. I bet a lot of people share our same views on this area, and would help make a difference. Maybe we could get some pilots to express their views. Is there a way to change Boeing's mind? I think also that Boeing should give their aircraft more than a 20 year production span, it's not fair to the airplanes, and those of us who would absolutely hate to see them go! Ask any airplane! (Joking) But seriously, there has to be something we can do.

757-200